Rep System gone.

Deleted2547005User

I think i am with Millenia on that one to be honest I for liked the rep system but i think i was one of the very few that used it sparingly and only when needed :P However I Just released the MLP Race (a Mod i knew from the start i was going to catch slack from and i can already tell that there is going to be the same question asked over and over and over again, simply because nothing has changed People still refuse to actually read a Readme file that already includes the answer in it. so I will use mine for clutter control as well as for those Trolls that do not Heed the Bright Yellow Troll/Hater warning posted at the very top of my description. So Yes i agree with the OP with a nice big thank you for the change and a breath of fresh air

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I think the real problem is for the non-premium/supporter members because we can't relate to you guys. With the service you get what you pay for.

Personally I am happy with responding to comments both positive and negative and when they get abusive, use the report button.

Edited by Ironman5000

Hmm not to piggy back on someone elses comment but DigitalPrince got me thinking of something else that would be a cool feature if it was possible, mod authors being able to move the comments between discussion on their mod page. for example you can start new discussions on there for a Support section and for the comments that actually pertain to solving real issues people have with mods can be moved to it in order to make searching through much easier. a mod for example that i can think of off hand is something like Willow, that thing has over 200 pages and looking for an issue to see if it was already addressed can be sort of a feat in itself...

@victoriaG i think that staff and the mod authors should have the right to show the comment the average joe should not cause that could be used for a troll to base another such comment on and then the abuse of the system starts all over again

I just realized the rep system was gone today and i have to say that i'm very disappointed in this. I like staying active with users of my mods and i found the rep system was very useful because it allowed me to say "thanks" to someone who says something nice without having to respond in words to every comment. I also used it to ask peoples opinions on potential features of my mods. It really sucks that it's gone now because it almost feels like there's a new and unnecessary barrier between myself and the people who use my mods now. If trolling was the main motivation to remove it then why not add the new hide comment feature along with still retaining the old rep system? This new hide comment feature only benefits premium users and those of us who can't subscribe or donate have no way to show love or let someone know they are being a jerk. I guess non-premium users are left out in the cold again. :confused:

P.S. Please consider allowing up-votes only at least.

The ability to quickly and easily identify helpful posts or fixes to rare problems not addressed on the mod page itself was invaluable to me, as was hiding obvious crap posts and backing user suggestions that you'd like the author to see. Personally I'd rather people continue to use the report function and just grow thicker skin, take the good with the bad. When something like this happens we're all damaged.

rep system gone? second best thing after getting rid of negative endorsements. many of the posters make valid points; and i agree in an ideal world having rep system would be nice. in an ideal world communism works too.

1st rule of anything with anonymous/unrestricted access - if there is system implemented which can be abused, it will be abused no matter how good its original intention was.

Edited by sdfgsdjfasdjk