Rep System gone.

Deleted2547005User

Please consider allowing up-votes only at least.

This. Posts that were repped positively were usually helpful suggestions or a problem with a mod a majority of the users have had/having.

Edited by creeposaurus

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Please consider allowing up-votes only at least.

This. Posts that were repped positively were usually helpful suggestions or a problem with a mod a majority of the users have had/having.

I'm in agreement with this too. Positively repped posts are more often than not helpful for many people and more than worth the risk of a few bruised feelings.

Yes, but think about it, if we just had positive repping then groups of trolls would just end up positive repping each others posts in an effort to piss off people.

If and/or when I come back to looking at this at some point in the future it will be done with a little more thought in the process. I have some ideas but I don't have the time to devote to actually getting it done, there's lots of other more important things to work on right now. Hence why just outright removing it is the best option, for me, for the time being. If it's any consolation our moderation system is being overhauled next. Everything's been delayed because the new download system which was meant to take 2 weeks has turned out taking 24 weeks. And we've only just released it to Skyrim Nexus this evening. Massive ball-ache.

Yes, but think about it, if we just had positive repping then groups of trolls would just end up positive repping each others posts in an effort to piss off people.

Isn't that one joke/troll post an author's expense worth the other ten that would actually help people? If removing rep because of that one post buries the other ones that are worth reading, hasn't that effectively harmed the site more? I don't mean to publicly undermine or challenge, I just don't understand the reasoning.

Isn't that one joke/troll post an author's expense worth the other ten that would actually help people? If removing rep because of that one post buries the other ones that are worth reading, hasn't that effectively harmed the site more? I don't mean to publicly undermine or challenge, I just don't understand the reasoning.

I think the reasoning is you got the numbers flipped. It wasn't 1:10 but rather 10:1 last time I checked, and cost quite a number of authors during the process already.

It was turned into anonymous trolling without getting caught, and no little green number on a helpful comment from a supporter of the mod could stand a chance against the flood of green numbers on posts expressing their dislike for the mod and how much they wish the author would just go dying.

Me? I don't really care. I wasn't one of the many requesting it to be removed. I was just stating it has become totally meaningless and didn't serve a purpose anymore, and as such it was only natural for it to vanish.

Whatever they'll come up with next will likely be far more usefull than the old reputation system ever was. But only time will tell, and I'm not one to judge about things I haven't yet seen in action for some time.

If and/or when I come back to looking at this at some point in the future it will be done with a little more thought in the process.

Here's a thought - forget about it. The rep system really isn't important and all this talk is a way at picking little holes at the site's operation which is going to happen regardless of any features you add. If you make more "thought out" changes then people will still find a way to poke holes which will lead to another thread of the same nature. Don't fix what ain't broken! :thumbsup:

Edited by Ironman5000

I think it's better this way. We still have the report button, and we can reply to peoples' comments to say that we agree with them. I disliked the whole repsystem because people tended to downrep anyone who didn't share their personal opinions. How many times have we seen posts containing constructive criticism getting downvoted? Too much if you ask me.

I think the reasoning is you got the numbers flipped. It wasn't 1:10 but rather 10:1 last time I checked, and cost quite a number of authors during the process already.

Maybe on a few mods that have been made the target of abuse, but I'm sure the numbers on the site as a whole reflect the opposite. Bad apples spoiling the bunch and all that.

i must im a little surprised and rather disappointed when i found out the rep system had gone, but i can understand the reasoning and at the end of the day, Dark0ne gets the decision :P

but id just like to chime in and say that the rep system on the nexus was one of my favourite features :P and i am sad to see it go :P

hey ho back to mods i go :), have a nice day everyone ^^