ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

my game crashes with "bex" error

TheDimitrijSquirrel

my game randomly crashes with and error message. when i look at the details, it says "problem event name bex"

i tried disabling dep for skyrim.

no one?

also, this happens in exterior cells. around whiterun (ive only started the game, so i havent been on any other location, but there were no crashes in helgen or riverwood). just freeze, wait 5 seconds, then crash.

the exception code is: c0000417

Edited by TheDimitrijSquirrel

I would definitely try a reinstall. Ask Steam to delete local content, and then redownload.

It is not unknown for the game files to get corrupted and that is what may have happened. I had my rig rebuilt and had to reinstall Steam and then Skyrim, and the game would not save, I had a corrupted download and had to uninstall and reinstall again. The good news is, that it is now working fine.

Not if you really want to fix the problem. The corrupted file could be written back into your game files from a savegame.

Mods, yes but you will need to reinstall. Better to start fresh entirely, add mods one, run BOSS at a time a recheck to make sure there are no problems, that way you know everything is working and if not, you know when the problem started.

I agree with Georgiegril. Start clean and take the opportunity to really decide whether you need this or that particular mod. I for example am giving large and heavily scripted overhaul mods a wide berth, and that includes combat mods as well as, sadly, magic overhauls. And that is on a very beefy system.

• 7 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...