Nifskope Will Not Display Textures

gamefever

Ok I've solved it. The problem probably wouldn't have happened if I wasn't ill and sleep deprived.

Here's what happened

The pathing for textures in Nifskope looks like this ----textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds---

Since "Auto-Detect" doesn't work yet for Skyrim and I reinstalled and uninstalled so many copies of Nifskope, I had it working at one point.

I set the RENDER->Settings

Texture Path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Texture----Looks Right when you think about it Right?

With that path you really wind up with the program looking for this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds

See something wrong up there???

It thinks there's a TEXTURES FOLDER IN THE TEXTURES FOLDER

This line is all you need for it to find textures in your game folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data

Thanks, this helped me.

• 4 weeks later...

Yeah I have the same problem. Nifskope just will not find any textures. Well, maybe the odd one or two textures out of hundreds of .nif's. And I'm simply trying to load vanilla Skyrim .nif's, not any fancy imported ones.

Extracted texture.bsa.. yes. Extracted Hearthfires.bsa.. yes. Even moved every texture out of every subfolder into one single folder and pointed Nifskope at that.

Still won't show anything.

Been messing around with this for hours. *Sigh*

edit: well I finally got it to recognise textures - everyone says you can't add BSA's and you have to extract the loose files but you can - by adding the BSA's as a resource (File > Resouces), added every one I know has texture inside and bam, it recognises them.

Most of them theres still a number it won't "see" but its good enough for now. But it still won't recognise any loose texture files at all. Gimp and PS open the .dds files ok, they don't seem to have any problem with them. But Nifskope doesn't want to know. Bizaare. Also it has to be the most unintuitive, esoteric and utterly baffling program I've used in quite some time.

Edited by soupdragon1234

• 1 month later...

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures

Thats the texture path I have it set to, it worked before just withen hours of my posting here.

A million thanks to you man!! I've been trying the whole day to get my model to get displayed properly in nifskope. Finally the textures are getting displayed. :D

• 4 weeks later...

Ok I've solved it. The problem probably wouldn't have happened if I wasn't ill and sleep deprived.

Here's what happened

The pathing for textures in Nifskope looks like this ----textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds---

Since "Auto-Detect" doesn't work yet for Skyrim and I reinstalled and uninstalled so many copies of Nifskope, I had it working at one point.

I set the RENDER->Settings

Texture Path to C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\Texture----Looks Right when you think about it Right?

With that path you really wind up with the program looking for this

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data\textures\textures\actors\character\female\FemaleBody_1.dds

See something wrong up there???

It thinks there's a TEXTURES FOLDER IN THE TEXTURES FOLDER

This line is all you need for it to find textures in your game folder

C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\steamapps\common\skyrim\Data

Thanks, this helped me.

Thank you so much man this solved my problem. words can't explain how thankful I am :)

Yeah I have the same problem. Nifskope just will not find any textures. Well, maybe the odd one or two textures out of hundreds of .nif's. And I'm simply trying to load vanilla Skyrim .nif's, not any fancy imported ones.

Extracted texture.bsa.. yes. Extracted Hearthfires.bsa.. yes. Even moved every texture out of every subfolder into one single folder and pointed Nifskope at that.

Still won't show anything.

Been messing around with this for hours. *Sigh*

edit: well I finally got it to recognise textures - everyone says you can't add BSA's and you have to extract the loose files but you can - by adding the BSA's as a resource (File > Resouces), added every one I know has texture inside and bam, it recognises them.

Most of them theres still a number it won't "see" but its good enough for now. But it still won't recognise any loose texture files at all. Gimp and PS open the .dds files ok, they don't seem to have any problem with them. But Nifskope doesn't want to know. Bizaare. Also it has to be the most unintuitive, esoteric and utterly baffling program I've used in quite some time.

thank you so much man this solved my problem. Words can't explain how thankful I am :)

• 5 weeks later...