ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Obsidian commit to mod support and the Nexus for Project Eternity

Dark0ne

... It is like a amateur coffee making contest where starbucks suddenly appears to compete.

Think of it more like the growers and roasters who supply Starbucks deciding to try to deliver their product to you without already having an outlet on every corner, or being told by the outlet owner which roast they must do, and how strong they must make your cuppa'. :laugh:

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Great to see. Obsidian's sequels of established franchises were usually artistically leagues ahead than BioWare's/Bethesda's original games anyway (lol @ morally black-and-white harlequin called Kotor 1), so imagine what they could do with a new franchise. Edited by GeeZee

what's next Capcom and EA asking for some funds to get the next Street Fighter or Madden 2058 going?

Why not? Then we can see how many people actually want sequels for those.

@GeeZee

Yeah. Fallout 3 also had black & white more of a simple, animalistic approach (base insticts: breed, feed, fight) whereas Fallout New Vegas is ascended above that (higher nature: communication, insight, morality)

In fact, as a real Fallout lore fan, I consider New Vegas to be the actual Fallout 3 (since it originated from cancelled Van Buuren anyway)

That being said, it's pretty unfortunate that Skyrim turned out to be so similar to Fallout 3. I was hoping Bethesda would have taken some lessons at least.

Edited by cherom

im on the fence about this. Obsidian, i think they can only make great game when they work off other established games. when Obsidian has to build a game from the ground up without the help of using someone else base. they make sub-par work. this why you hear "jokes" about Obsidian being professional modders not game developers.

also i funded wasteland 2 which to me sounds like way more exciting but since they're with nexus i'll fund it and hope for the best.

Kickstarter is NOT a preorder service. Yes some projects will give away the product to INVESTORS. But not all kickstarters do that.

Not to mention, it is not guaranteed that the game you INVEST in will be the same kind of game you will WANT TO PLAY.

Kickstart is NOT a preorder service. It's an investment service to help businesses.

Lol right Chris Avellone and Tim Cain can't make games, it's not like they were involved in the making of a couple of the greatest RPGs of all time or anything like that.

all of which were

a. built of other established games

b. Directed by Brian Fargo

also MrxknownJG is right kickstarter is an investment and like all investments success is not guaranteed. i have no problem with kickstarter ive put money down on 3 projects. like all investments it could fail so dont think its a sure thing that you will be given a great game or even get a game at all.

Too much time and too much effort for no tangible figures that can be put on to an accountant’s spreadsheet.

bull crap

If not for the Nexus and modding capability of Oblivion, any accountant or person with half a brain cell can tell you Skyrim wouldn't have net the sales figures they did. Come on