Design Update - Our New Navigation is here

BigBizkit

• Replies 386
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #73633553.

kestrelhawk wrote: After finding out that everything doesn't show using full screen, I have tried to get used to it, only to end up with a headache, literally. I can't possibly be the only one with vision issues, so is there any way at all that this can work using full screen?

Vision issues here too. I second that.

In response to post #73633143.

Snakebearded wrote: All things being equal, more clicks to get to content is not good user experience. Many items are now hidden -- mod updates for example take additional clicks to view and have less presence than they did previously. This strikes me as a poor decision. Minimalism should be the means to an end, if anything, and not the end itself. I am in no way opposed to change but good design changes will improve navigation for the user, not hinder it.

This is my number one issue with this. i wish I was as eloquent as you.

In response to post #73631933.

DemWaifus wrote: This update requires far more clicking and hides information. I don't like it at all.

Reminds me of the book 1984.. The government would remove words form each dictionary revision as a way to control people. The smaller the vocabulary the harder it is to argue finer points and win an argument. We see less and less info with each redesign. I do not think the designers actually use the site day in and day out like the users do. If they did, they would see what we see.

In response to post #73632678.

axz2 wrote:

One minor issue. It used to be when your at your profile (https://www.nexusmods.com/users/19061179 for me) it would have a link to your forum profile (https://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/user/19061179-axz2/) but I don't see any such link any more.

The link to the forum profile is there in plain sight. Keep looking.

I thought the new format was OK and was going to post that until I went to my Tracked mods and saw Fallout 4 mods mixed in with Skyrim SE mods. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I don't want to see other game mods when I'm playing a particular game.

In response to post #73636103.

FlashFatman wrote: I thought the new format was OK and was going to post that until I went to my Tracked mods and saw Fallout 4 mods mixed in with Skyrim SE mods. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I don't want to see other game mods when I'm playing a particular game.

And now I see all the mods from all the games are lumped into the All Mods page also. Again not good as far as I'm concerned. When I'm playing a particular game and want to peruse the mods, I want to see the mods that are associated with that game. I don't need to be reminded that I have other games that I'm not playing at that moment. Not to mention thinking I just found a great mod for Skyrim only to see it's for another game. Please fix this.

In response to post #73636103. #73636268 is also a reply to the same post.

FlashFatman wrote: I thought the new format was OK and was going to post that until I went to my Tracked mods and saw Fallout 4 mods mixed in with Skyrim SE mods. I DO NOT LIKE THIS. I don't want to see other game mods when I'm playing a particular game.
FlashFatman wrote: And now I see all the mods from all the games are lumped into the All Mods page also. Again not good as far as I'm concerned. When I'm playing a particular game and want to peruse the mods, I want to see the mods that are associated with that game. I don't need to be reminded that I have other games that I'm not playing at that moment. Not to mention thinking I just found a great mod for Skyrim only to see it's for another game. Please fix this.

Did you notice in the Tracking Centre that there's a drop down menu that allows you to select which game you want to view?

In response to post #73631933. #73635993 is also a reply to the same post.

DemWaifus wrote: This update requires far more clicking and hides information. I don't like it at all.
tonycubed2 wrote: Reminds me of the book 1984.. The government would remove words form each dictionary revision as a way to control people. The smaller the vocabulary the harder it is to argue finer points and win an argument. We see less and less info with each redesign. I do not think the designers actually use the site day in and day out like the users do. If they did, they would see what we see.

@tonycubed2
How is NexusMods trying to control us, and to what end?

In response to post #73636103. #73636268, #73636408 are all replies on the same post.

FlashFatman wrote: And now I see all the mods from all the games are lumped into the All Mods page also. Again not good as far as I'm concerned. When I'm playing a particular game and want to peruse the mods, I want to see the mods that are associated with that game. I don't need to be reminded that I have other games that I'm not playing at that moment. Not to mention thinking I just found a great mod for Skyrim only to see it's for another game. Please fix this.
Augusta Calidia wrote: Did you notice in the Tracking Centre that there's a drop down menu that allows you to select which game you want to view?

Thank you for pointing that out Augusta. I really didn't notice that. Okay so now that my only beef has been addressed, due to my jumping to conclusions before looking deeper I will endorse the new changes. Please ignore my previous rant. Edited by FlashFatman