Modpatcher

dreadylein

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would let Steam repair it and try to mod it again. Start Steam, go to Library, right click XCOM and select properties and go to Local Files tab and click Verify Integrity of Game Cache. Let Steam do the job and then click Play in Library - that would finish the process.

Yep, that's what I had to do a few times when I messed stuff up pretty badly through fiddling with the UPKs and INT files too much. Safest thing you can do is keep backups of every file that you've modified,(The modified versions. I personally don't bother backing up the originals, since Steam will replace them for me, meaning less space wasted on my HD.) just in case you mess up and have to reinstall your mods, or, in my case at least, if you feel like playing some multiplayer, and don't want the game to freak out on you for having modified files.

• 2 weeks later...
First time getting around to trying to mod the game and I keep running into Steam fixing the exe before it runs the game. I have altered my hosts file as indicated but nothing seems to work. One thing I did notice is that after running the patch the exe file size drops 4 KB and I was wondering if they might be some indication to Steam that it has been changed. Thoughts or did I simply miss some step in the process?

That's weird. Hosts should be enough. Double check the file, if there's no error in IP and name address.

Also run the game without mods to let if finish fixing / complete installation and then try Modpatcher. Also you can try Steam in offline mode.

Steam in offline shouldn't be updating the game. Have you finished installation/cache verification process by running the game at least once without mods?

Can you check Launch.log in Users\Name\Documents\My Games\XCOM - Enemy Unknown\XComGame\Logs\?

Search for:

[0005.38] DevHTTP: Performing DNS lookup for prod.xcom.firaxis.com
[0005.39] DevHTTP: FHttpDownload resolve complete to: 127.0.0.1:80

Also note date and time of modified exe and date and time after it's blown. If the date and time is the same before and after, the exe was not updated.

Its blocked

[0005.95] Error: FHttpDownload::StateConnecting() connection failed or refused with error (SE_NO_ERROR)

[0006.15] Error: FHttpDownload::StateConnecting() connection failed or refused with error (SE_NO_ERROR)

[0006.17] Error: FHttpDownload::StateConnecting() connection failed or refused with error (SE_NO_ERROR)

[0006.19] Error: FHttpDownload::StateConnecting() connection failed or refused with error (SE_NO_ERROR)

Ended up having to run modpatcher directly from the exe.

Hello. I changed ma hosts file to prevent steam repairing my modded game. I added this

# Prevent XCOM Phone Home

127.0.0.1 prod.xcom.firaxis.com

127.0.0.1 65.118.245.165

Now i get error mesaage in steam shop 102.

Is it normal? I need steam shop. Is that solution made my steamshop anavailable?

Thanks for any help, and sorry for my english ))))