⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Modpatcher

dreadylein

Now i get error mesaage in steam shop 102.

Is it normal? I need steam shop. Is that solution made my steamshop anavailable?

IMO the solution is not connected to the error. Is there any descritption text besides 102? Google search thinks, it's internet connection error (may be proxy in lan settings).

• Replies 249
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Since the latest patch, this doesn't seem to work anymore. Made a new copy of the ini file (renamed to the .mod that this needs, obviously), made my original edits (fresh, didn't copypasta) and ran the patcher...game crashes every time I try to start it. Really wish they'd stop this crap.

There must be more to the crash.

Compared Slingshot's DGC.ini with the 3rd patch DGC.ini and what changed is:

• LOW_AIM=55 (up from 50)
  • HIGH_AIM=75 (down from 80)
  • LOW_MOBILITY=11 (down from 12)
  • HIGH_MOBILITY=13 (down from 14)
  • LOW_WILL=25 (up from 20)

Also I've set Medikit iCash to 2500 credits and it patched and worked without crashing. So Modpatcher works.

Run XShape again, if you altered upks. Also you may use Steam to verify integrity of game cache and try Modpatcher first.

What program are you using for DGC edits?

Patching a modded game has a tendency to corrupt the game installation. I always tell people to restore their game to the original when they report to me with crashing problems after a game update has been released. I point them to number 3 of my tech support FAQ. It contains a number of different things that should fix the game for pretty much any problem.

But if you've only used INI mods (no UPK file mods), then you most likely just need to restore the original EXE file. Delete "xcom-orginal.exe". Then run the original game to make sure you got the right EXE file. If you can't get the original game to run, you need to verify the files through Steam (repair the game) and run the original game. Then try to run the Modpatcher again.

What happened is that the Modpatcher made a backup of the EXE and named it "xcom-orginal.exe". It restores that EXE each time you run the Modpatcher. However, after the game updates, that EXE is outdated and no longer working, so you need to get rid of it or your game will crash.

Edited by BlackAlpha

Ceasar,

if you don't mind please tell us how you fixed it... Steam struggles to replace my installation for the fourth timw now (yes I let XCOM run at least three times between modding attempts), and when I run Modpatcher again, it immediately corrupts the game.

Thanks

Torsten

My problem had to do with an old modpatcher backup exe. I made the backup exe before steam had patched, and running modpatcher made it look to that old outdated broken backup exe as a reference. The result was an error and a broken Xcomgame.exe with a 0 byte size.

In short, delete your "backup" exe (located in the same place as your normal exe) and try to run the program again. This is why taking manual backups is always a good idea.

I THINK the backup file is called "Xcom-orginal" (hah, spelling mistake on someones part)

Thats what its called on my system anyway. Running modpatcher after you delete that file should create a new one

Edited by CaesarInvictus

How do you mod class abilities? Such as the Sniper so he gets Squadsight as the first one? Anyone able to help me with this? I cant seem to be able to figure this out.

You need to edit UPK files. See the ReadMe for instructions and a tutorial on how to edit UPK files:

http://forums.nexusmods.com/index.php?/topic/820867-here-are-upk-modding-tools/

Inside that archive is a file called "Changes to UPK files.txt". It contains all Warspace changes as an example. Scroll to the bottom of that file for the abilities bit.

Edited by BlackAlpha