Level-CAP remover

quirit

1 thingf wrong with your idea. once you reach All skills except 1 to 100 then the other skill is like 52 the next time u level up it says Assign -21 points. so in other words sum 1 has to figure out what is hte maximum level you can get to without it glitching THEN make the cap from 20 to that level. this would REALLY improve the games value due to it taking a longer time to level up :D

• 3 years later...

1 thingf wrong with your idea. once you reach All skills except 1 to 100 then the other skill is like 52 the next time u level up it says Assign -21 points. so in other words sum 1 has to figure out what is hte maximum level you can get to without it glitching THEN make the cap from 20 to that level. this would REALLY improve the games value due to it taking a longer time to level up :D

This problem has since been solved: if you're close to 100 on all your skills and you're willing to go look for skill books, then when you get to level 30, take the "Almost Perfect" perk. If you're lucky, you'll have no more than 3 skills that need to be topped off at 100 (this helps folks who have the console version of the game).

It's kind of a moot point on pc with the advent of a mod that lets you go up to level 50 as you can go above 100.

I do this:

Once I reached level 29 I set my Unarmed (doesen't matter which skill, just fiddle with one you don't really use) skill to 20 by "player.forceav Unarmed 20" (without the ")

and if I leveled up I just use "player.setlevel 29"

Works like a charm, and it's not that big of a bother.

Edited by bfg10k17

Honestly I don't even think of levels anymore, because I'm using this mod. It makes me think about leveling my skills up rather than my character. You might want to try it. It also makes it so that you can set how the world views your character (fake level) so that leveled lists will not be an issue if you don't want them to be.

I think that's simpler and more interesting than simply raising the level cap. You can also adjust how fast or slow your skills level up with that mod, so that if you really want to spend a lot of time grinding for your character's skills, you can.

Personally, the game is only interesting if it's hard. That's why the majority of my installed mods that don't have to do with aesthetics, weapons or armors, are things that make the game harder, including balances so that the game isn't impossible. If you play it fairly close to vanilla, which features you as the almighty player being able to survive 5 bullets and still be able to run up to a Supermutant to punch him with a Powerfist or something, that really does get boring after a while.

- edit: Ugh. I just realized I'm replying to a necropost.

Edited by HosokawaTakuya

• 2 weeks later...

There's a perk called a level cap workaround that does pretty much what you want, but you keep leveling up after you hit level 30. Not sure if this what you might be looking for, but it's a start. Also not sure if it's OK to post a link to the perk.

Sorry for keeping this post going, but I felt it would be helpful to future members.