Spell Shapesift into an Owl with the ability to fly?

thunderwolf86

I agree, but this skyrim. So it not owls but dragons, hagraven and the triangles :tongue:

Tamriel doesn't have owls? Personally I'd prefer a bat, though=) I'm pretty sure the better vampires mod lets you turn into a mist, but a bat would be so much cooler. Great idea!

No, but there is a mod that does that. I just think it easier to mod it using a base game animal.

I think there is owls, somewhere like highrock? They do fit oblivion. But birds are generally new things in TES games.

I agree, but this skyrim. So it not owls but dragons, hagraven and the triangles :tongue:

Tamriel doesn't have owls? Personally I'd prefer a bat, though=) I'm pretty sure the better vampires mod lets you turn into a mist, but a bat would be so much cooler. Great idea!

No, but there is a mod that does that. I just think it easier to mod it using a base game animal.

I think there is owls, somewhere like highrock? They do fit oblivion. But birds are generally new things in TES games.

If you are talking about the bat travel mod it's not quite the same thing imo as it's a swarm of bats and not an individual one. I like the idea of an owl as long as they exist in the actual lore, I don't think it matters where in Tamriel they are present, as long as they are present. As for the amount of work it is of course more logical to use an already existing in-game model to cut down on the work. But I think in the end it all comes down to who would pick it up and which kind of flight form he (or she) would feel passionate about making.

@PsykozQT wont let me quote you.

Most folks when they are writing a story tend to spend a mass amount of time on lore and setting the world up, Bethesda however seem to write as they go and it doesn't help when staff get fired and hired so it becomes a clustered mess off new ideas overlapping old ideas and most of it contradicts, overlooks and doesn't make sense.

Personally I believe where there's rats there's owls, they do exist in Tamriel, its just that the little details aren't something they care about.

Edited by Skudworm

@PsykozQT wont let me quote you.

Most folks when they are writing a story tend to spend a mass amount of time on lore and setting the world up, Bethesda however seem to write as they go and it doesn't help when staff get fired and hired so it becomes a clustered mess off new ideas overlapping old ideas and most of it contradicts, overlooks and doesn't make sense.

Personally I believe where there's rats there's owls, they do exist in Tamriel, its just that the little details aren't something they care about.

I just googled it and then I felt like slapping myself. There's owls on a ton of the ancient nordic ruin door puzzles. I also found a "Helmet of the Owl" in Oblivion, so there is most definitely owls in Tamriel.

• 2 months later...

I would love a mod like that. Skyrim already has hawks in it. All we require is a modder that uses makes a spell that transforms the player into a hawk(slightly bigger than the hawk in game :P ) and the flying script used for flying as dragon OR nephalin's mod.

It would just perfectly fit in a general mage or Druid like build. Plus once it is done it could be easily manipulated to fit new meshes of Owls , Eagles, ravens... crows.... whatever... it would also make an awesome addition for a future "become Hagraven/raven mod"