Vortex - Missing master that isn't missing

theLapisFox

I recently installed all of the mod for Videos of the Wasteland (Fallout 4) including the Starlight Drive-In and the Theatre add-ons. It seemed everything went fine until Vortex gave me an error;

Some of the enabled plugins depend on others that are not enabled:

votwcells.esp depends on VotWSpecialVideos.esl & VotWTheatre.esl

I figure, okay, so I checked the plugins and plugin that is missing is the VotWTheatre.esl one. So, I reinstall the Theatre add-on, since that is where it and votwcells.esp comes from, but that does not fix it. My next step was to look inside of the Data folder and sure enough, VotWTheatre.esl is inside of the folder, but it is not showing up within the Plugins tab on Vortex. So, I thought maybe the file was corrupted so I completely remove the mod and re-download and reinstall. That didn't fix it so I deleted the files themselves through explorer, manually downloaded the add-on, and manually placed the files inside of the Data folder......Still not working.

Any ideas on how to get Vortex to see the file?

P.S. Each time I modified the file within explorer, I did so with Vortex closed.

People keep modifying, copying, deleting, and removing files OUTSIDE of Vortex, then for some reason, expect Vortex to know this.

You need to manually download the file, and either DRAG it from the downloads folder to the DRAG FILES HERE bar in Vortex, or use the INSTALL FROM FILE option in vortex, and select the file from the download folder and install it

Manually putting a file in the DATA folder doesn't let Vortex know ANYTHING about the file or its existence

People keep modifying, copying, deleting, and removing files OUTSIDE of Vortex, then for some reason, expect Vortex to know this.

#1 I already said I had attempted it through Vortex multiple times BEFORE attempting it outside of Vortex

#2 There are NO disabled plugins in the list at all.

No matter what I do, Vortex refuses to see these 2 files (yes, I was incorrect in my original post, both of those files are not showing up). Whether they are installed inside or outside of Vortex.

The only thing I can think of at this point, is judging from the comment section, there's now a different guy working on it, and it's possible that the reference to VotWTheatre.esl may have accidentally spelled wrong so it's looking for a differently named ESL, such as VotWTheater.esl instead of VotWTheatre.esl etc

The reason it could be a possibility is, someone left a comment about one of the Mod Authors accidentally leaving stuff from CBBE in the mod

Well, I've been doing some more checking and that isn't the case. It is definitely looking for the files that are installed. There are two other issues that I've noticed: 1) the problem seems to not affect one of my other profiles, and 2) Vortex also does not see my DLC files. While it can't modify them, they are usually listed in the plugins tab as 'Loaded by engine'.

So, I figured out what the issue was. Turns out that FO4 VR does not recognize .esl files and due to that, neither does Vortex (when in a FO4 VR profile). There are only 2 options regarding this issue;

1) Remove the mod in question (Videos of the Wasteland Theatre Add-on);

2) Rename the two files (VotWSpecialVideos.esl & VotwTheatre.esl) from ESL files to ESM files and also edit the master list on VotWCells.esp to look for ESM instead of ESL.

Since I'm not sure how to accomplish the second part of #2 (I can add the esm's as masters in FO4Edit but I'm not sure how to remove the esl's), it seems like I am stuck with no choice but to choose #1.

Oh well.

Edited by mikfox