Download problem

samadchaz

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I was also experiencing problems. The solution to the majority of the errors I was experiencing involved allowing scripts to run from Pubgears.com

pubgears

If you have any sort of script or site blocking enabled be sure to make an exception for Pubgears...

especially if you receive 404 errors when downloading. also I have found that I get messages that a file is hidden when it is actually not...

The add-on that was blocking pubgears was Noscript for firefox.

Allowing or disallowing pubgears shouldn't have any affect; that's just our adserver. If it is actually having an affect (and it's not just a coincidence) then I'd love more feedback on that.

Update: Things are improved from yesterday; however, still getting quite a bit of "Server busy x/10" attempts before finally getting through.

Better, but still not perfect...

There have been some serious backbone problems on the Internet generally this past week. If anyone wants, I can source an article from Above Top Secret wherein they have graphs and the time the weirdness started.

There has been a much higher than normal rate of dropped packets, largely in the NE United States, but this began before the superstorm. I imagine it's much worse now.

I might accept this theory, but I'm only seeing problems on Nexus sites. Also, I'm in Texas and using the Denver servers. A traceroute to those servers doesn't indicate the traffic getting any where close to the NE. I'm not saying you're full of *censored*, I'm just saying that citing a conspiracy theory site as your source of authority doesn't give me a warm-n-fuzzy that you actually know what you're talking about.

The problem is something is wrong with our communication coding, but since our main coder is badly ill at the moment a fix is taking longer. I think it's likely it won't be fixed until Monday at some point.

A massive pain and deeply disappointing, but there's nothing I personally can do about it so just got to sit here and be glum like the rest of you while keeping my fingers crossed our coder gets better soon.

The problems described above seem to be increasing in frequency, especially during more busy times. This is a Nexus issue, and very, very annoying. Is anyone doing anything at all about them? I've experienced all of them described in these posts, and I first noticed it after you switched over to your new software.Today has been especially bad with the white screen showing up instead of the "save file" dialog, on multiple mod pages. The "F5" workaround does work, but sometimes it takes a lot of button pushing.

Edit:

At the moment I"m also getting a "no files uploaded" message on the following mod: http://skyrim.nexusmods.com/mods/1175/

I know that's not the case, as I just looked at it a few minutes ago, and the files were there.

And now, the message is: The connection was reset. The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading. I've had this several times this afternoon.

So, perhaps a capacity/bandwidth problem with your servers & database software?

Edit 2:

Just saw your post, Dark0ne, sorry to hear he is ill. Waiting till Monday is certainly no problem, but please be aware this is something that's been going on for months. And, yes, thank you very much for the Nexus sites. Best mod site I've ever found.

The problem is something is wrong with our communication coding, but since our main coder is badly ill at the moment a fix is taking longer. I think it's likely it won't be fixed until Monday at some point.

A massive pain and deeply disappointing, but there's nothing I personally can do about it so just got to sit here and be glum like the rest of you while keeping my fingers crossed our coder gets better soon.

If it's only likely to last until Monday, I wouldn't worry too much. I've not been by for some time, so when I returned and found these problems I just assumed that the expansion of the Nexus network meant it had become too successful for the hardware running it (as I've seen elsewhere several times before). Glad to hear that's not actually the case and I can certainly bear the current situation with ease until Monday.

Actually, since you're obviously reading this thread I'll take the opportunity to say thanks a lot for these excellent Nexus sites! Constructing the optimal TES or Fallout experience would be infinitely more tiresome without them.

Edited by Belfaborac

Re the main coder being sick - I hope it's nothing...serious? Obviously it is serious, but I hope they're going to be able to recover? (I'm avoiding the word terminal atm. My stepmother is going through chemo for colon cancer, so yeah. >.<)