Your gaming quirks for Fallout 4?

StormWolf01

I do a lot of building too.... Just because it's fun. I think about 30% of my mods are for adding settlement stuff to the build menus..... :)

Sneaky Sniper myself as well. Although, I use the Pack Attack mod, which DRAMATICALLY changes combat. Generally, after the first one or two NPC mysteriously drop dead, the rest kinda figure out that someone has a hand in that, with somewhat less than good intentions for the rest of them. :) And they start looking for me. One of the reasons I installed Modern Firearms, was so I could get a weapon with REALLY long range. :) (I play with Ugrids set to 7, so, it is easy to find NPC's that are impossible to hit with the vanilla weapons. And even impossible to hit with some of the 'long range' weapons from MF......)

Granted, NPC's still tend to be a bit stupid, and come at me in ones or twos, making them easy pickings, I cleared quicy ruins without a single one of the gunners ever having taken a shot at me. :) Took some moving around to get angles on them, but, a fair few of them just came running out the doors after I dropped the first two. Then it was just hold my aim on the gates, and pick them off as they came out. :D

Like LucidLady I collect things like flip lighters, gold flip lighters, 8 balls, silver lockets, pre war money, dog tags, and gold watches, and I drop them all into either a shopping basket or a wood crate. Each type gets it's own collection container. I use the mod I believe Place Anywhere and I turn off their physics so that they don't go flying everywhere if I bump into them.

On some of my "military type" playthroughs, I've had a penchant for collecting dog tags. Either as trophies, or as respect (yeah, opposite ends of the spectrum there! Depends on who I'd get them off of.)

Then, stupid me, would forget to put them into a container before I'd hit a weapon or armor bench. Crap! There went my collection of dog tags!

LOL Boone, your new nick name is Wall-E! ;) :D Your post reminded me of a lot of the first couple of scenes from that movie.

HeyYou- I've seen that mod, but haven't tried it out, the pack attack, I mean. It looks interesting.

I like finding ways to break up the monotony of various playthroughs, such as switching to Skyrim, trying new quest mods, not doing things in the same order, changing NPCs with LooksMenu, and liberally using cheats to avoid tedious in-game tasks.

I hate the affinity system since I do not want to change my behavior based on various companions, so I am indebted to CDante's No Affinity mod. Thank goodness companions like Heather Casdin, the ones from Tales from the Commonwealth, and the Thuggysmurf mods do not have that annoying affinity thing.

Other than that, I am fairly obsession free.

On some of my "military type" playthroughs, I've had a penchant for collecting dog tags. Either as trophies, or as respect (yeah, opposite ends of the spectrum there! Depends on who I'd get them off of.)

Then, stupid me, would forget to put them into a container before I'd hit a weapon or armor bench. Crap! There went my collection of dog tags!

LOL Boone, your new nick name is Wall-E! :wink: :D Your post reminded me of a lot of the first couple of scenes from that movie.

HeyYou- I've seen that mod, but haven't tried it out, the pack attack, I mean. It looks interesting.

I love it, though, it is VERY easy to bump things up to the point that you better carry a LOT of ammo..... :) I tweaked two settings, dealing with random patrols a LITTLE bit, and it made construction impossible. Every few minutes someone was showing up, and shooting at me. :) I turned them back down.....

I like finding ways to break up the monotony of various playthroughs, such as switching to Skyrim, trying new quest mods, not doing things in the same order, changing NPCs with LooksMenu, and liberally using cheats to avoid tedious in-game tasks.

I hate the affinity system since I do not want to change my behavior based on various companions, so I am indebted to CDante's No Affinity mod. Thank goodness companions like Heather Casdin, the ones from Tales from the Commonwealth, and the Thuggysmurf mods do not have that annoying affinity thing.

I hate companions in general. I only use them when they are forced upon me. They are constantly getting in the way, giving away my position, or rushing in when I am trying to avoid an encounter. Quite frankly, they are FAR more trouble than they are worth. :D

I hate some of their quests. Nick Valentine's quest, especially. That batch file cheat that allows you to spawn all the holotapes directly into your inventory, is a godsend for anybody that decides to do that quest.

I hardly EVER take Preston and Crew anymore. I honestly can't stand any of them. So a lot of times, after clearing the raiders outta the museum, I'll quicksave, then park at the far end of the hall, and just snipe what's his name in the head over and over while he's working at the computer, til I get bored, reload from the save, and then leave.

LOL Boone, your new nick name is Wall-E! :wink: :D Your post reminded me of a lot of the first couple of scenes from that movie.

I love it, though, it is VERY easy to bump things up to the point that you better carry a LOT of ammo..... :smile: I tweaked two settings, dealing with random patrols a LITTLE bit, and it made construction impossible. Every few minutes someone was showing up, and shooting at me. :smile: I turned them back down.....

I hate companions in general. I only use them when they are forced upon me. They are constantly getting in the way, giving away my position, or rushing in when I am trying to avoid an encounter. Quite frankly, they are FAR more trouble than they are worth. :D

I usually end up carry tons of ammo anyway. I have a habit of just plinking, in areas that aren't populated. IE- boring. It's an IRL habit actually. I used to do it a lot when I lived on a farm, with my .22. Shooting up cans, paint cans, bottles, pretty much anything in the game that will move, when it's hit.

You might try out Amazing Follower Tweaks. It's got a lot of settings that takes care of a lot of the complaints about followers. The constant nagging about picking up junk, setting them up so that they only attack if you the player get under fire, making it so that if you bump them, they get outta your way, limiting idle banter, making it so they can heal themselves, or each other, all kinds of great stuff. Granted, I still let mine make the comments about picking up junk. But I also carry a pistol that I made, that does an insanely small amount of damage. Color me a sadist, but I love hearing Cait cuss when I shoot her in the butt for her snide remarks. :D

But, for the most part, my 3 companions are just window dressing that can be load bearers. But occasionally they'll wander off into a room on their own, and end up wiping it out, before I can find where they got off to.

Another of my habits is that almost all of my firearms are silenced. I like the whole sneaky bit. Plus the bonuses to recoil are nice as well.

Edited by StormWolf01

I hate some of their quests. Nick Valentine's quest, especially. That batch file cheat that allows you to spawn all the holotapes directly into your inventory, is a godsend for anybody that decides to do that quest.

I hardly EVER take Preston and Crew anymore. I honestly can't stand any of them. So a lot of times, after clearing the raiders outta the museum, I'll quicksave, then park at the far end of the hall, and just snipe what's his name in the head over and over while he's working at the computer, til I get bored, reload from the save, and then leave.

I love it, though, it is VERY easy to bump things up to the point that you better carry a LOT of ammo..... :smile: I tweaked two settings, dealing with random patrols a LITTLE bit, and it made construction impossible. Every few minutes someone was showing up, and shooting at me. :smile: I turned them back down.....

I usually end up carry tons of ammo anyway. I have a habit of just plinking, in areas that aren't populated. IE- boring. It's an IRL habit actually. I used to do it a lot when I lived on a farm, with my .22. Shooting up cans, paint cans, bottles, pretty much anything in the game that will move, when it's hit.

You might try out Amazing Follower Tweaks. It's got a lot of settings that takes care of a lot of the complaints about followers. The constant nagging about picking up junk, setting them up so that they only attack if you the player get under fire, making it so that if you bump them, they get outta your way, limiting idle banter, making it so they can heal themselves, or each other, all kinds of great stuff. Granted, I still let mine make the comments about picking up junk. But I also carry a pistol that I made, that does an insanely small amount of damage. Color me a sadist, but I love hearing Cait cuss when I shoot her in the butt for her snide remarks. :D

But, for the most part, my 3 companions are just window dressing that can be load bearers. But occasionally they'll wander off into a room on their own, and end up wiping it out, before I can find where they got off to.

Another of my habits is that almost all of my firearms are silenced. I like the whole sneaky bit. Plus the bonuses to recoil are nice as well.

All of mine are silenced as well. I usually carry a pistol, for individual targets, a full-auto rifle of some description, for when there are multiple targets, and a sniper rifle, for taking folks out at a distance. (I also run modern firearms, so I can actually HIT those targets at a distance.... stock weapons simply don't have the range.) Also, if you have a lighter weapon in hand, you can move faster. Fastest with your weapon holstered.

I just don't care for companions. I much prefer to adventure alone. I have "strong back" maxed out, so I can still run and fast travel while over encumbered, just can't sprint. With the right perks, you can pretty much just keep going as long as you like while over weight, just don't get your self into a situation where you NEED to sprint away. :D