Has MwSource.com reached it's peak?

ShinJiOh

Has MwSource.com reached it's peak?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Has MwSource.com reached it's peak?

• Yes
    • Of course not MwSource will live forever!
    • No

I dont mean to insult or anything but as a few people may or may not know, i was gone for some time (let's call it 4 months) and in that time we seem to only have grown in numbers by a few hundred...

Or perhaps it is just time for ES:4 (better not get into that or i'm going to be gone for a lot longer this time). Basically whati'm asking is have we reached our peak? Yes, there are always more questions always more mods and always more... eccentric(as i'll leave it) people out there from which MwSource will continue toi thrive.

What i'm asking i suppose, is morrowind losing it's pouplarity :blink: *runs around screaming at the thought* :help:

I don't think so. I got Morrowind at the same time as Tribunal came out, and started looking at this forum about the same time. Then I left it for a while (okay, maybe a long while) and whilst I was away more than 25,000 new members had signed up. I don't know if that's a sign of a website in decline.

The only reason that so few people have been registering is that nothing new has happened with Morrowind. No expansion, no big mods, no MEMod beta [hint hint.] Still, as soon as ES IV comes out, this will be booming [assuming Dark0ne updates it to refelct TES IV and MW, instead of just MW.]

Plus, the RP forums will keep people coming back for roleplaying entertainment [seeing as most D&D players are shunned by the outside world :P]

Why is success being benchmarked by how many new people are coming on? It seems to me there is a constant exchange of ideas from existing members. Once we reach a critical mass, (which we have) where the discussion does not get stale (which it hasn't) does that not constitute cointinued success?

I was always presented revenue and profit projections that considered success as only growth of a certain % over current levels ad infinitum (often as much as 20-30%). The problem with this is that it assumes that everyone in the world wants your product. There is a limit on growth fo this site, as the limit of number of gamers interested in MW is finite. MW is no longer a new game. The number of new converts has declined significantly. Hence, the rate of increase for a forum such as this will decrease as well.

Success of the forum should not be based solely on the growth of the membership. There are plenty of things going on that are still very popular. One has to simply look at the number of new posts to see that there are a great number of interested people who are already in the membership, and these are what the heart and soul of the forums really are.

The heart of the forum is not the person who becomes a member to download a certain mod. The heart is those who came to look and stayed. To those of us who have, this forum is, and will be, successful as long as the heart remains beating. As long as the heart remains beating, there will always be the new generation and the new game that will come here for the same intelligent conversations and help that we got when we came here.

Sorry for rambling.....

If the forums have come to a halt (I mean the hits still come in thick and fast) - then it couldn't have come to a halt with any better people ;)

Ooooooh, what a beautiful piece of discourse from Dark0ne, this is :)

Really, really beautiful.

BTW, how can the forums have come to a halt when people is still posting and posting? When, as Dark0ne says, visitors come "in spades" everyday? When there are a lot of things to discuss in here?

Nah, these forums are still (and for a lot of time) completely alive. They still draw breath :D

Guest Dead Wesay
Like Slaiv said, as long as the RP forums are up people will be here. But the actual MW part of the boards- the important par, seems to have died. Maybe we are no longer a MW community, but still a community.

I suppose that most of you are right in the fact that the people here are still posting.. depending on where they post, because i know this site has some of the best debating forums around. But when i look at the top couple of items for general morrowind say, the majority are just about ways the game was played or ways to come by the game... the others are all just locked threads that were closed because the questions were answered numeorus times in the past before.

But because of my often sleep-deprived state i have once again mis-worded my question/s. What i meant to ask was "has the popularity of the whole thing lost people's interest" because i've asked people nowdays what some of their favourite computer games are and morrowind is no longer among them. Even more concerning still in top 100 odd games described by magazines, morrowing is no longer among them either even being GOTY at one stage. Mwsource however has still made it among favourites as a website.

So supposedly if Mwsource has not lost it's interest/value.... has morrowind?

Archived