many mods removed from the nexus

bastardodentro1

They have been hidden for quite some time and finally got removed. I recall Book of Earache's removal and Earache's ban being a longer story with a long article on it, written by Dark0ne himself. In the end, if I remember correct, it was all about ripped weapon models and permission issues, same story with 19th and 20th century weapons!

Read the article here: Earache42 - BANNED

Some things (such as Owned) were removed by the mod authors themselves since they are either no longer modding or have moved to other communities.

That's a rather strange jusitifcaiotn ot remove an already finished mod.

I just came back to Fallout 3 after years with FNV and Skyrim, and I find that most of the listed mods are there in name only. The files have all been marked as "hidden" by the authors. Everything is still on the Nexus except the files. I have to go someplace else to get versions of them. I'ld rather find them here at home on the Nexus.

Yeah, it's pretty annoying. While I'm sure there are good reasons for some of these withdrawals, it looks to me like others are the result of simple pettiness: some dispute develops between the author and god-knows-who and as a result the author flees Nexus and closes down all his or her work. Thankfully the number of blocked mods is comparatively low, since there's no way I'm going to traipse around the web trying to find where authors z, y and z has fled to in their adolescent rage.