FO4 irritating crashing issue

kanami24

Hi. Bugs I running into. Codsworth , Dialog, perks tree , sanctuary, Never known so many bugs since all the updates. Workstations, I am now entering heavy modiing. I wish, I knew what was in the updates, it would be so much easer to fix the bugs. I am running AAF test for some bugs. Notable Lady killer bed is missing patches with outlaws mod,.Fusion City. I look for mods that at the moment of the CTD What was happening.. I just crashed out ten minutes or so ago Perk Tree Broken. I usually do an my own backup. F4SE I had to manually install to even get it working correctly, The old ways. I use FO4EDIT (X.EDIT) to remove dirty edits before modding. Also to check mods for left over dirty edits. I then run game with not mods just to check every thing is order. You could try Lilac. Its's here on Nexus..The testing room for all mods.

Edited by simondent2

what I would like to know is, how do you activate a sort of event viewer to see what crashed your game as well as what was the last process attempted. I remember seeing that this could be activated in f4se? but where.

In case of a crash, there's always a part of your system involved. So the first step should be to call up event viewer/windows logs/system to see a detailed report at the time of the crash. You can google the results of this querry to see how other people have dealt with that problem.

what I would like to know is, how do you activate a sort of event viewer to see what crashed your game as well as what was the last process attempted. I remember seeing that this could be activated in f4se? but where.

In case of a crash, there's always a part of your system involved. So the first step should be to call up event viewer/windows logs/system to see a detailed report at the time of the crash. You can google the results of this querry to see how other people have dealt with that problem.

my event viewer looks weird af though and not very user friendly lol

However, after looking at the logs, I saw that there were a lot of errors coming from things from the creation club -- the new rifle as well. I took to f4edit and did a quick clean of it and a few other plugins I saw in the report. At the moment I'm doing some test runs to try to recreate the crashes I've been experiencing.

Note, I redownloaded skyrim SE and had begun re modding it bit by bit. So its very possible that the initial run that one must do before modding it had changed systems settings?

Edited by kanami24

my event viewer looks weird af though and not very user friendly lol

And yet that's the place you should be looking at. The papyrus log is next toi useless and the CC errors are common.

As I said, look under event viewer/windows logs/system. There has to be a report at the time of the crash telling you what part of your system or hardware isn't agreeing with the game. Without that knowledge it's like looking for a needle in a haystack.

Kanami- I just did a bit of research on that, and the common problem a lot of people are having is between Bedaisy and antivirus scanners. It seems that even windows wants to turn Bedaisy off, while it's running.

What fixed it for a lot of people was to either whitelist, or create an exception, (term depends on what AV you use) on your computer.

The steps to create that exception, vary per antivirus, so you'll have to look it up on the net. But don't forget to whitelist it in windows defender too.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1748996-How-to-stop-BEDaisy-sys-from-crashing-the-game-Forums

[edit] Ok, I'm not familiar with Bedaisy, as I don't have any games that use it. But, if it's something that starts up when your computer boots up, you can probly disable that.

Press Ctrl + alt + del and choose the task manager.

Towards the top of Task manager window, you'll see several different tabs running horizontally. Click the one that says, Startup

This is a list of the NON-windows stuff that is starting up when your computer boots up. IF Bedaisy is listed there, you can right click on it, and choose disable. That will block it in the autostart sequence of your machine. It won't stop it from starting, when a program that uses it, uses it. But it will make it so that it's not always running in the background, from the very get go.

I also don't know if you can ctrl + alt + del to shut it down, while you are actually playing games that don't require that crap, but that's also worth a try, before you start the fallout4 game. (Anti cheat engines cause a lot more trouble than they are worth, IMO. Game designers that make them, and make them so poorly that they affect other games as well, should be.... well....let's just say that I think very, very poorly of it.

Edited by StormWolf01

Kanami- I just did a bit of research on that, and the common problem a lot of people are having is between Bedaisy and antivirus scanners. It seems that even windows wants to turn Bedaisy off, while it's running.

What fixed it for a lot of people was to either whitelist, or create an exception, (term depends on what AV you use) on your computer.

The steps to create that exception, vary per antivirus, so you'll have to look it up on the net. But don't forget to whitelist it in windows defender too.

https://forums.ubisoft.com/showthread.php/1748996-How-to-stop-BEDaisy-sys-from-crashing-the-game-Forums

[edit] Ok, I'm not familiar with Bedaisy, as I don't have any games that use it. But, if it's something that starts up when your computer boots up, you can probly disable that.

Press Ctrl + alt + del and choose the task manager.

Towards the top of Task manager window, you'll see several different tabs running horizontally. Click the one that says, Startup

This is a list of the NON-windows stuff that is starting up when your computer boots up. IF Bedaisy is listed there, you can right click on it, and choose disable. That will block it in the autostart sequence of your machine. It won't stop it from starting, when a program that uses it, uses it. But it will make it so that it's not always running in the background, from the very get go.

I also don't know if you can ctrl + alt + del to shut it down, while you are actually playing games that don't require that crap, but that's also worth a try, before you start the fallout4 game. (Anti cheat engines cause a lot more trouble than they are worth, IMO. Game designers that make them, and make them so poorly that they affect other games as well, should be.... well....let's just say that I think very, very poorly of it.

yeah, I came across that post earlier. Its pretty much useless to me. Still trying to figure out how to whitelist the program on my device. I've tried a few different things and doing test runs but game keeps crashing as usual.