The shaming of non-premium users needs to stop!

• Replies 536
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Honestly, I felt the little banners were fine. I have been a premium member in the past when I could afford to do so. But now these little time limits and asking for donations makes it seem like my money did nothing. These are nag tactics to try and force more people to subscribe.

I can live with having a limited download speed but was all that jazz per download necessary?

Seriously having to click this:

ELrBIzrXYAEJeBQ.png

And then wait 5 sec :

ELrDeiJWwAA164e.png

Well it doesn't make me want to give you money.

I can live with having a limited download speed but was all that jazz per download necessary?

Seriously having to click this:

ELrBIzrXYAEJeBQ.png

And then wait 5 sec :

ELrDeiJWwAA164e.png

Well it doesn't make me want to give you money.

I agree. I'm fine with the subscription model existing, but I feel they'd due even better to put up an annual donation drive much like Wikipedia. Rather than relying purely on the subscription model. Which for some is an issue due to auto renewal and tight finances.

I was quiet on the big bar promoting premium speeds being faster. OK, I get and can tolerate that. Not thrilled, but hell, I already knew about it a long time ago and it's kind of hard to miss when downloading larger files that take awhile.

But come on, seriously, trying to compete with adfly and mega download styles to get a file is something that is crap. What's next, removing the supporter class and adding 'optional click' pop up ads, unless you're premium.

I've avoided going though Bathesda for mods like the plague, as I'm too disgusted with them for many reasons. Now I'm considering it as an equal equivalent to Nexus at the moment.

When it was time to rely on ads to help support the site, I turned off my adblocker for Nexus. Then I figured, I'd show my appreciation for everything up until that time and paid for supporter status. I didn't regret that and actually felt proud that I was 'supporting' something which actually wanted to make my games worth playing and buying others that have decent mods on Nexus.

Now this current change sure has convinced me at least to not go premium. It's not just to get rid of the pestering annoyance of it, but also considering others that are members, and supporters. I feel sorry for anyone who doesn't have internet speeds that can't take advantage of the faster speeds, even at supporter levels, that have to have this thrown in their face.

Nope, I haven't taken my pills yet today and I'm riled up. I'm pretty sure that even if I had, I'd still feel the same level of ire, not to mention the level of shame I feel for promoting Nexus to friends all these years.

I see you are indeed a Supporter... I was under the impression that supporters don't get ads. One of the major motivations for buying supporter, is to NOT see them, yet, you are still getting banner ads?? Real curious why. What is the point of paying for supporter, to remove the ads, if it doesn't actually remove the ads??

I've gotta say, I'm also incredibly annoyed that this new thing has added in an extra click and delay for each and every mod download you do. Even when downloading with the mod manager. When you heavily mod games and download dozens of mods at a time its just wasting a ton of time.

I've got no problem with this existing, but if its going to, have it pop up a 'hey you can get premium benefits' thing after clicking 'download' but without forcing us to click another button to actually start the damn download. It's just adding more unnecessary clicks to the user, and slowing down user experience on the platform. This is, as with every website, a sure fire way to lose traffic over time. Speed up user interaction, don't slow it down just to push a premium service that can be done in many other ways without impacting users in such a way.

I love nexusmods and eventually I will buy premium, just because I've been using it for 11 years and they deserve it, I don't care about the download cap, but the new download style is annoying and unnecessary

Exactly! I was on the fence about taking the premium since i was thinking about modding more seriously but i cannot support a site that would impede on their user experience like that!

This is, as with every website, a sure fire way to lose traffic over time. Speed up user interaction, don't slow it down just to push a premium service that can be done in many other ways without impacting users in such a way.

Yeah, all it do is reducing the goodwill some peoples have about the site...

Edited by Darkstick

Honestly, I felt the little banners were fine. I have been a premium member in the past when I could afford to do so. But now these little time limits and asking for donations makes it seem like my money did nothing. These are nag tactics to try and force more people to subscribe.

Agreed, the banner was perfectly fine. These new gimmicks, however, feel obnoxious and rather tasteless.