Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 months later...
The person in charge of this (Lisnpuppy) has had a rough time lately. She has been ill for a while and when she was ready to come back to modding and the forums, her mother passed away. Hopefully Lisnpuppy will be back soon.

• 2 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Man, can't believe I'm just getting to this project in the works. I DIG this. I REALLY dig this. A few thoughts though.

I get the feeling that this group isn't a group of random murders, thieves and outlaws that band together for some excuse to kill some more. I get the feeling that the Imperial BlackOps (Blackhorse Operatives?) is a elite group of hand chosen few who has shown their devotion to the empire. I get the feeling that they are professional assassins who carry out what they do, without fail, every time. I also get the feeling that they are sworn to the upmost secrecy, so much so that town guards don't even know who they are, and the Imperial Guard grunts only have heard rumors of their existence.

Granted, there will be ranks among the "guild", the lower ones doing important scouting missions, for high profile raids, and no, I'm not talking about braking into some skooma deal either. (although, that wouldn't be a bad idea for one of the entry tests)

"Ok, that's nice, but what specifically does that mean?" Well, for starters, it means a clean record. An idea of a "clean record" is that any fine in the past cannot exceed a certain number, say 300 gold? (Honestly, that's a bit much. That's on a rough order of 5 assaults. That's like saying "I got into five bar fights in the past month" and expect to somehow become the FBI Secret Agents.) I would also suggest making the completion of the turning in of the Imperial City Market District's Captain Guard quest (Imperial Corruption) a requirement, as that would show the entire "doing something for the greater good of the empire" bit on an executive level. That and well, it is a nice summery of your job, minus the assassination and infiltration perks.

Secondly, once they are "recruited", they need to go through a variety of exercises, starting with the basic skills required for the job, such as long distance sniping, sneaking, security. Then they go through basic missions, such as infiltration with illegal drugs rings. The final mission will be to take out a marked necromancer/Dark Brotherhood member without being seen. If the character fails once in the training recruit stage, he/she should be automatically booted from the group.

The official capacity missions should be like you guys said, taking out targets that are a danger to the stability of the empire, that are either too dangerous for normal guards to take care of, or too confidential for normal people to know-- and in this respect, the guards are normal people. This includes snipping off leaders of certain rebellion factions within the civilian base without making a scene. Otherwise they would tell the guards to arrest the man.

The end quests should involve something about the investigation of the emperor's assassination, and the Imperial Palace guards, possibly leading up to the assassination of a High Council member.

[edit] Sorry if I seem like I'm repeating some of the same stuff that's already been said in this thread. Hopefully, there's some things that hasn't been mentioned yet here that you can gleam from this post.

• 4 weeks later...
"Ok, that's nice, but what specifically does that mean?" Well, for starters, it means a clean record. An idea of a "clean record" is that any fine in the past cannot exceed a certain number, say 300 gold? (Honestly, that's a bit much. That's on a rough order of 5 assaults. That's like saying "I got into five bar fights in the past month" and expect to somehow become the FBI Secret Agents.) I would also suggest making the completion of the turning in of the Imperial City Market District's Captain Guard quest (Imperial Corruption) a requirement, as that would show the entire "doing something for the greater good of the empire" bit on an executive level. That and well, it is a nice summery of your job, minus the assassination and infiltration perks.

"Ok, that's nice, but what specifically does that mean?" Well, for starters, it means a clean record. An idea of a "clean record" is that any fine in the past cannot exceed a certain number, say 300 gold?" You should make so that if you are the Champion of Cyrodill then they will look to recruit you not matter your crime gold. "making the completion of the turning in of the Imperial City Market District's Captain Guard quest (Imperial Corruption) a requirement" Don't forget the Cheydinhal (Corruption and Conscience) or maybe just one of those :thumbsup:

The end quests should involve something about the investigation of the emperor's assassination, and the Imperial Palace guards, possibly leading up to the assassination of a High Council member.

Isn't that the main quest?