⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Imperial BlackOps Mod

Lisnpuppy

I've used this armor before and I love it. I think it's the best that I've seen but I would also have to agree with Dues that it's too advanced for Cyrodiil.

I think the knife looks kinda out of place, myself. And I'd rather don a hood for head protection.

The armor might pass as something very expensive and unique... a custom-made thingy, I guess, but I can see your point (because it's that much close-fitting).

Hence, the hunt for the black ops armor continues! ;D

• Replies 583
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As for the armor:

I don't either look easily on 21th century equipment in the Cyrodil, however, I don't close the idea of using some features of modern armors, such as using only small pieces of body conformable armor to allow more swift movement, however made to look more rough. Same goes with utility belts etc. the idea may be used, but as more impended to fit the Cyrodill.

The weight of armor should be more of suggested to fit better for the task; if it's full blood sneaking, an armor may not even be needed, but if you are supposed to encounter powerful enemies, even a heavy armor may be suggested.

As for the storyline:

It occurred to me that there could be actually two ways of getting in to the group, the choosing by skill, or choosing by infamy. The choosing by skill would be maybe even automatic after you've become the "champion of Cyrodil", and the instance running the show realizes that most of the saving was trough your skill (this could maybe "require" that you are of certain level of sneaking and marksman and infamy below value x), and you'd be approached by the member of the OPS.

The choosing by infamy could be based on getting in jail after the main quest (with the value of infamy over, or equal to x), when you are not actually sent to jail, but to a strange questioning.

At both cases one could say either yes or no, and the difference between these would be the person approaching you. Yes in this phase I introduce you the idea of two sources of missions under the same faculty (that offer in a way or another different nature of missions, as killing "known evil" critters or killing "nobility plotting against empire"), that could maybe later on lead to the conflict between these two, where you would be caught in the middle and would be "forced" to "choose a side" (or choose your own personal benefit over their). However I don't believe that, except for the last task, you could go trough both "leader's", or "mentor's" or whatever they are called, quests without missing any. As for the last, the outcome would be up to you.

So that imfamy thing... you mean like you get taken to jail... then the black ops takes you to a meeting for a chance to redeem yourself? sounds alright to me! :) but that utility belt thing... that's making me think the armor is going to start to look like this...(well if we use the sneaking gear that is...)

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/batmanbegins/batman.jpg

that utility belt thing... that's making me think the armor is going to start to look like this...(well if we use the sneaking gear that is...)

http://www.supermantv.net/wallpaperbattles/batmanbegins/batman.jpg

Well, actually I thought more of some sort of pockets on basic belts. And it was just an example of an idea that could be made to look cyrodilic version of modern idea (maybe we could make Cyrodil remake of the batman armor [designs, since I believe that we don't want batman in the mod... except maybe for a mark :D], to see how well we can make it blend to the world :)).

My, my..take a little nap and come back to your thread and all kind of things are missed! ha ha

Both my male and female characters both wear utilitiy belts...so the already are out there. I love them as they are armored and I can enchant them. They also look like something a stealth character should have. I had though about including one that was slighty enchanted with some stuff and maybe a feather spell?

Anyway....someone tell me what armor or clothing I have seen that has those wrapped pant bootoms like in the Jedi picture?

I love some of these ideas....honestly I think the introduction into this should be dependent more on a sneak skill than infamy vs fame. I think a good sneak skill will be needed to complete this quest.

We also have discussed if you get tossed in jail a NPC that comes automatically and springs you out.

I think a way to decrease your infamy may be a neat options. And I know you guys want to still pick an evil path...but I think we need to stick to a more liner questline....at least in the 1th version of this. I want this to be an awesome quest and I do not want to make it so complicated initially that I can not get it done. Quest scripting isnt easy and if I end up doing it myself then I will need to keep it simple enough that I wont wish to slit my own throat.

However after the initial release is done then a possible addition may be to add the option to have more choices down the road.

Now an idea about when you get approached....I think it would be cool that you are just..beebopping around town one day then you get wacked in the back of the head...you wake up in a cell with people offering you a "position"

Now an idea about when you get approached....I think it would be cool that you are just..beebopping around town one day then you get wacked in the back of the head...you wake up in a cell with people offering you a "position"

Maybe a initiation quest? like say... you have to defeat a -X- amount of enemies to get in? Or perhaps track a thieves guild member? Completely slaughter a small settlement with many mythic dawn agents?

Maybe a initiation quest? like say... you have to defeat a -X- amount of enemies to get in? Or perhaps track a thieves guild member? Completely slaughter a small settlement with many mythic dawn agents?

SAS style assault course training, I say. Defeat some really powerful bear or something, steal something from a mock up fort and some other stuff that I haven't yet thought of.

SAS style assault course training, I say. Defeat some really powerful bear or something, steal something from a mock up fort and some other stuff that I haven't yet thought of.

That is maybe an idea...a way to see if the PC is ready..have a mock "training" cave and i the PC can not performed the specified task then he has to come back later when his skills improve?