SKSE problem?

JBear61

My Skyrim updated to 1.8 yesterday, I downloaded and installed the skse update for 1.8, and the game will not come up with the skse launcher. The game comes up fine with the Skyrim launcher, as long as no skse is involved. Does anyone have v1.8 working with skse?

SKSE, Script Dragon and plugins based on these two are dependent on the current official patch version. SKSE is fast to update, some it's plugins may be slower and so you need to disable then till a new version comes or, like in the case of the Community uncapper, to allow it to autoupdate (what may be risky but not necessarily fail).

Since you could start the game without SKSE it means you don't have Script Dragon installed so will be OK once you get the new SKSE version.

Version 1.8 installed itself, and I couldn't run the game with my old SKSE. I went to the SKSE site and downloaded their beta 1.6 version that's supposed to run with 1.8 skyrim. When I launch the skse loader, I have a "sciptdragon critical error" message telling me my game version is not supported, along with a list- of supported patches, from 1.1.2.1 to 1.5.26.0

Anyon has an idea of whats's going wrong ? I tried to revert to 1.7.7 skyrim, there was no error message but it crashed on opening just after the Bethesda logo.

I didn't want to, but I guess I'll have to uninstall/reinstall the game or start over again. I don't have script dragon, and have turned off the dlcs and mods, and the game still won't run with skse launcher. This happens about every other full update. I have been playing this game for nearly a year, and with the dlcs, mods and updates, I am beginning to wonder if I'll live long enough to finish it. LOL!

I just tried skse_1_06_03. Baddddd mistake. I have always waited for the final version, but this time I tried the beta. Nevermore. Everything was fine until I tried a Quicksave. Both Skyrim and Steam locked up tight as a drum. Had to hit the power switch. Now, can't start the game, even with an old save. Rolled back to skse_1_05_11, but no improvement. I really hope the final version is out soon and fixes the problems. No script dragon.

Any suggestions on how to get the game running again?

The beta SKSE for 1.8 isn't working for me either... instant CTD. I unchecked every mod in stages, not all at once and i still crash. I uninstalled Script Dragon, created new ini's and everything i could possibly imagine and when i start with the SKSE loader i insta-crash. However I tried starting through the Skyrim Launcher and i could load up the game. I hope they fix the problem soon.