Asking me to upgrade for every single file downloaded ?

Angahran

So, you attack my post where I'm trying to make a helpful suggestion to some.

Way to go. :thumbsup:

And again you miss the point. Your 'helpful suggestion' isn't all that helpful when it doesn't actually address the point of the post you responded to.

Edited by BeneathThePlass

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I just got this on a DMC3 mod. This is stupid, I've been a premium user before but can't atm due to budgeting, and quite frankly it's making me never want to rejoin.

• 1 month later...

@avocadoninja; The Nexus does not store the "private information" needed to process those transactions. We only keep your registration email address on file. The other data is needed to verify the payment so we pass it along to PayPal or your financial institution, and your country is needed to calculate the correct amount of tax. That's all.

(For all we care you can say your name is "Santa Claus" and your address is "The North Pole", but then the payment might not go through... :laugh: )

• 4 months later...

This is utterly scummy practice and I'm never coming to this website ever again.

Congratulations Nexusmods, you've given me cause to never mod (and therefore, never play) any game with mods supported by your site.

I hope you're pleased with yourselves.

This is utterly scummy practice and I'm never coming to this website ever again.

Congratulations Nexusmods, you've given me cause to never mod (and therefore, never play) any game with mods supported by your site.

Well, you're using the website for free, so taking your "business" elsewhere isn't really much of a threat now is it?

So, because you refuse to support Nexus Mods by buying them a cup of coffee (£2.99 / $3.69) a month, you're giving up 995 video games. Sounds rather counterproductive to me, but hey, it's your decision.

Guest deleted34304850

That's hilarious. Will you be deleting your account? I'm going to suggest the answer will be "no", so this is the emptiest of empty "threats" from the over-entitled.

I have been a premium member several times and I find this outrageous. When my current Premium expires, I have have a mind to never renew it again.

Here's a suggestion, and I'm not being snarky.

I believe premium is $2.99/mo correct?

so, instead of paying Nexus $3.00/mo, put it aside, in 1 year, you'll have HALF of the Lifetime Premium fee.

If you can double that to $6.00/mo, you'll have $72 at the end of a year, which (if the price is still the same, I heard it may have gone down), will either be enough for Lifetime, or just short by $3.00

1. That's not the point of this thread, or (I highly suspect) Suspiria's post. (Suspiria, feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.) The point is that this new change is badgering to the point of driving off people who have supported and helped pay for this website in the past, and might otherwise have again in the future.

2. For someone who isn't affected by this (at the moment at least, although from your posts, I assume you've purchased a lifetime premium account yourself), you're arguing awfully hard against anyone who isn't a current premium member, aka everyone who is affected by this. Like, I've seen your name so many times in these threads already, and I'm skimming and only somewhat keeping up-to-date on every single thread, it's clear that you feel like you have a huge personal stake in this new change, which. Makes no sense. This doesn't affect you. Yet you're making a point of attacking the people who are (quite rightfully, I think) upset over this change. Many of whom (because there are plenty of supporters like myself who are upset by this, as well as current premium users) have helped pay for Nexus in the past, and might have again in the future if not for this badgering and bullying tactic.

Why? Why are you attacking so many people over something that doesn't affect you? Why do you have such a clear personal stake in this? Why do you keep (seemingly intentionally) missing the point of other people's posts and responses? Just. Sigh.

So, you attack my post where I'm trying to make a helpful suggestion to some.

Way to go. :thumbsup:

He makes a point though, I've seen you doing the same thing on my thread as well, and just like BeneathThePlass I'd like to know what your personal stake in this is?