Important Security Notice

BigBizkit

• Replies 287
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

In response to post #76151748.

maria21 wrote: Its already a step forward to use app based totp instead of sending plain text via email and its good to see when sites force people to use a good password, as someone who has a bit knowledge about this stuff its painful to see when people use easy to guess passwords (for example the most used pws are a thing by themselves...). Keepass is free, open source, encrypted and can be used in portable mode, so no installing required. You put a lock on your irl door, now get your lazy backside up and put a good lock on your digital door.

On the other side asking for my real name, phone number and other personal stuff, is ten steps back. If personal info is not required to provide your service to me, its none of your god damn business. The paid thing is meh, but for most mods, that are rather smaller, i personally dont need to purchase anything.

I understand you're highlighting locking important stuff up but the reality is balance, the bad guys want something and they will find a way in, the more value your hoard the more the chances of attacks, asking for personal info and money what's making it worthwhile for those bad guys, if you don't bank on line you will only have cash taken from your pocket... much easier to look after that, if you don't need complex passwords you won't need to write them down or invite a 3rd party to look after them 'NO SERVICE IS FREE'
Any information you give to anyone any site will be sold or stolen, this includes free VPN's and probably in some form paid ones too, any manager looking after your 'anything' will use your information for purposes you did not intend.
Red pill.

In response to post #76157638.

GoatedOnToaster wrote: I'm being forced to use an entirely new account now because whenever it prompts me to change my password it tells me "ip address not allowed" like what the hell man.

You were probably one of the people who got exposed. I would double check ALL of your passwords. That shits scary

In response to post #76151748. #76159353 is also a reply to the same post.

maria21 wrote: Its already a step forward to use app based totp instead of sending plain text via email and its good to see when sites force people to use a good password, as someone who has a bit knowledge about this stuff its painful to see when people use easy to guess passwords (for example the most used pws are a thing by themselves...). Keepass is free, open source, encrypted and can be used in portable mode, so no installing required. You put a lock on your irl door, now get your lazy backside up and put a good lock on your digital door.

On the other side asking for my real name, phone number and other personal stuff, is ten steps back. If personal info is not required to provide your service to me, its none of your god damn business. The paid thing is meh, but for most mods, that are rather smaller, i personally dont need to purchase anything.
Saggaris wrote: I understand you're highlighting locking important stuff up but the reality is balance, the bad guys want something and they will find a way in, the more value your hoard the more the chances of attacks, asking for personal info and money what's making it worthwhile for those bad guys, if you don't bank on line you will only have cash taken from your pocket... much easier to look after that, if you don't need complex passwords you won't need to write them down or invite a 3rd party to look after them 'NO SERVICE IS FREE'
Any information you give to anyone any site will be sold or stolen, this includes free VPN's and probably in some form paid ones too, any manager looking after your 'anything' will use your information for purposes you did not intend.
Red pill.

This is factually incorrect, the source for Keepass is readily available, and you store your own credentials, meaning they never leave your computer unless you actively choose to do so. While I personally am willing to trust the binaries that are available for keepass as-is, you can of course, build it from source yourself, ensuring that your data is not going anywhere, nor is it being used for anything nefarious.

In response to post #76151748. #76159353, #76167778 are all replies on the same post.

Saggaris wrote: I understand you're highlighting locking important stuff up but the reality is balance, the bad guys want something and they will find a way in, the more value your hoard the more the chances of attacks, asking for personal info and money what's making it worthwhile for those bad guys, if you don't bank on line you will only have cash taken from your pocket... much easier to look after that, if you don't need complex passwords you won't need to write them down or invite a 3rd party to look after them 'NO SERVICE IS FREE'
Red pill.
deveyus wrote: This is factually incorrect, the source for Keepass is readily available, and you store your own credentials, meaning they never leave your computer unless you actively choose to do so. While I personally am willing to trust the binaries that are available for keepass as-is, you can of course, build it from source yourself, ensuring that your data is not going anywhere, nor is it being used for anything nefarious.

Well one of the best password manager is Norton Password Manager it's a pay program but it also had Firewall and Antivirus so there are only benefits and it cost much lower than lifetime subscription on nexus ^^

In response to post #76157638. #76165048 is also a reply to the same post.

GoatedOnToaster wrote: I'm being forced to use an entirely new account now because whenever it prompts me to change my password it tells me "ip address not allowed" like what the hell man.
189324 wrote: You were probably one of the people who got exposed. I would double check ALL of your passwords. That shits scary

Please contact [email protected] from the email linked to your original account for help with this.