Mothership Zeta Crew ¿Romance? Referendum

Nylonathathep

Mothership Zeta Crew Romance Options  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to implement a romance system?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.
    • I'll decide after you finish the main plot and all characters are shown, you lazy bastard!
  2. 2. Preferred Female

3. 3. Preferred Male

I voted Kurosawa as a romancable npc. You already somewhat hinted at it/built the framework for such a thing via the dialog at your speech on the aircraft carrier. (if you talk to kurosawa before giving your speech it's quite a flirtatious convo).

I understand why many are opposed to romance, but to me it simply adds more depth to the story. We're going for engaging and believable story here. I think something as personal as romance is almost a requirement.

I agree with the proposal that it be a side quest and not a requirement to the main quest, although if you could add some tie-ins to the main quest (dialog changes/options, new variables, etc). I think it would be superb.

Edited by Fewrfreyut

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

History kind of shows that in survival situations sexual discrimination goes way up! Men become expendable and the women and children are protected as much as possible. That's why you don't see woman being put at risk in primitive cultures. Their value as homemakers, mothers, and breeding stock outway any concept of "equlity between men and women". A pregnant woman or one with small kids is not going to help hunters bring home the bacon. Only modern western morals say that there are no differences between the sexes and want to have men and women fighting togather.

Yes, but looking at the Fallout lore, we see that sex discrimination is very low. In the Fallout lore, you can see very little sexism coming from anywhere. At least, I've never seen any sexism in Fallout.

Fallout 3 was written with modern morals in mind. Thus no sex or race discrimination and you can kill all the women you want and not feel guilty. But kids are few and far between. You can't kill or marry them when realisticaly girls would be incouraged to start having kids as soon as they can. Lamplight is as close to controversial as the writers got. A bunch of kids who kick out their own at 16? Must be a lot of kids there who get prego early but never get to see their children grow up. Sad.

Considering that The Commander was raised in a vault and has killed his share of women, he mite prefer someone who does not want to risk life and limb on a daily basis. A normal home life to come home to would be very appealing. That's why I think Tanaka is the best one or Sally even. When she's older that is... Well maybe... I mean she is kind of cute and has an ok voice... err anyway.

Edited by folker46

Fallout 3 was written with modern morals in mind. Thus no sex or race discrimination and you can kill all the women you want and not feel guilty. But kids are few and far between. You can't kill or marry them when realisticaly girls would be incouraged to start having kids as soon as they can. Lamplight is as close to controversial as the writers got. A bunch of kids who kick out their own at 16? Must be a lot of kids there who get prego early but never get to see their children grow up. Sad.

Considering that The Commander was raised in a vault and has killed his share of women, he mite prefer someone who does not want to risk life and limb on a daily basis. A normal home life to come home to would be very appealing. That's why I think Tanaka is the best one or Sally even. When she's older that is... Well maybe... I mean she is kind of cute and has an ok voice... err anyway.

Yes, that is true. Fallout does have modern morals in mind, but I feel like so far, Nylon has stuck pretty closely to the Fallout lore. And, you could kill kids in the original two Fallouts. People always seem to forget about that. And, It seemed like Korosawa was very flirty with the Commander, and them having a great connection. They just seemed to click.

Also, the Commanders personality changes per player, making it difficult for everyone to be pleased. The only way to do that would be by making it multi-choice. Some people might prefer Korosawa, some Tanaka, no Sally. That's just wrong.

Haha, Sally is sooo Tongue in cheek. Never played the other Fallouts. Kurosawas speech seems to be influenced by your karma. The badder you are the colder she is to you. I guess I would prefer Tanaka but I really like Sarah Lyons too. Taming her would be a joyfull challange and she is the best looking npc in the game. A political marrage to the "Warrior Princess" of the BOS would be very believable. Edited by folker46

Haha, Sally is sooo Tongue in cheek. Never played the other Fallouts. Kurosawas speech seems to be influenced by your karma. The badder you are the colder she is to you. I guess I would prefer Tanaka but I really like Sarah Lyons too. Taming her would be a joyfull challange and she is the best looking npc in the game. A political marrage to the "Warrior Princess" of the BOS would be very believable.

Somewhere, Gloria Steinem is crying and she doesn't know why.

"Taming her?" Why does the man have to "wear the pants"? Why can't Sarah be an equal in the relationship? Also, using a vanilla character would be near impossible since no voice would be available. It would have to be MZC. And a "political marriage" would make sense... in the middle ages. Not the far off future. Also, "warrior princess"?

Bhahaha! (evil laugh) Sarah an equal? It's me or her in charge and I'm not wearing a skirt! (I'm not from Scotland) I just feel she is so used to being in charge, other then doing what daddy wants, that it would be hard to find middle ground. Part of "Taming her" would be to get her to see you as an equal but who knows, she may see The Commander like that already. If the Ciditel is a castle and Lyons the King then Sarah is a princess thus she is the "warrior princess". Simple.

Fallout 3 is set in a modern dark ages so political marriages would kind of follow. You could think of the towns as city states ruled by strong men and their kids. Thus every city and the surrounding area it controls could be considered a Kingdom.

Well my room mate has pointed out that the BOS does not promote based on who your parents are but on seniority, so a political marriage between The Commander and Sarah Lyons would serve no purpose. (bummer) When Lyons dies Star Paladen Cross will become the new Elder. Sarah mite get to be Elder someday but only after many years.

So I'm back to rooting for Tanaka.

"Taming her?" Why does the man have to "wear the pants"? Why can't Sarah be an equal in the relationship?

This is probably his reasoning. From a divorce lawyer quoted in that article:

"I know it is very trendy for the wife to be the breadwinner, but in my professional experience this decision will strain the marriage. It may be fun at first to say 'I have a househusband', but the wife will quickly begin to resent the fact the man is not pulling his weight financially.

"She will think: 'You're not supporting me' - within all of us I think there is still a very deep-seated belief that men should be the protectors. A gradual lack of respect begins to eat into the relationship, and it puts men in a very vulnerable position.

"The role these men are performing at home is, of course, very valuable, but women can find it very hard to recognise and respect a man who is doing it."

And a "political marriage" would make sense... in the middle ages. Not the far off future. Also, "warrior princess"?

Politically arranged marriages occurred in the European monarchies well into the twentieth century. As a way of cementing alliances, it's a fairly good one, going back to at least the Romans (see Gaius Julius Caesar marrying off his daughter Julia to Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus), and worked OK most of the time. The couple liking each other would just be a bonus. Then again, I have very strong monarchist sympathies. Warrior princess would be referring to Xena.

Bhahaha! (evil laugh) Sarah an equal? It's me or her in charge and I'm not wearing a skirt! (I'm not from Scotland) I just feel she is so used to being in charge, other then doing what daddy wants, that it would be hard to find middle ground. Part of "Taming her" would be to get her to see you as an equal but who knows, she may see The Commander like that already. If the Ciditel is a castle and Lyons the King then Sarah is a princess thus she is the "warrior princess". Simple.

I think at this point Gloria Steinem is trying to choke herself to death. I may have to send her a note of explanation and apology after this.

Neither person has to be in charge. Coming from a Homosexual male, I may not have the experience with heterosexual couples others do. But in each relationship most of my older friends have had, gay or straight, they have all been perfectly fine with both being equal, or not caring where the money comes from so long as they have it.

Also, your understanding of how the Brotherhood works is kinda limited. The Citadel is a fortress, not a castle. Lyons is the highest ranking officer, not a king. And even Lyons, according to the Codex, would have to answer to the High Elder, which would presumably be a Maxon descendent.

Fallout 3 is set in a modern dark ages so political marriages would kind of follow. You could think of the towns as city states ruled by strong men and their kids. Thus every city and the surrounding area it controls could be considered a Kingdom.

Fallout is set in a Post-Apocolyptic world, and apart from a few Raider gangs, and the local wild life, modern society is still ingrained. Even in reality, most average people would be unable to do what it takes to survive because of modern society. Kill? Could you blankly gun down another human in cold blood? Steal? Eat rotten, moldy, or stale foods?

Also, take a look at the different cities in Fallout. Junktown: Mayor. Making it a form of consense that he should represent the town. The Hub: Mob Rule. Multiple trading caravans have a council to determine the fate of the city. New Reno: Mob Rule. Virtually the same as Vegas, just with no House. Megaton: Sherrif and Moriarty. They fight eachother constantly, but Moriarty keeps the Town in caps, and Simms keeps it safe. Rivet City: Council. Each of the parts of the city has a representitive: Civilian, Gaurd, Science. Science and Military have the highest ranking officer represent them, just like modern day America. The President is Commander-in-Cheif, we have a scientific board, and Congress represents the civilian sector.

And, again, all built with the ingrained modern society values.

Well my room mate has pointed out that the BOS does not promote based on who your parents are but on seniority, so a political marriage between The Commander and Sarah Lyons would serve no purpose. (bummer) When Lyons dies Star Paladen Cross will become the new Elder. Sarah mite get to be Elder someday but only after many years.

So I'm back to rooting for Tanaka.

Actually, the Brotherhood promotes the same as a modern military, based on merits. If you've killed two hundred Super-Mutants, and are currently a Knight, then you'd be promoted to Knight-Captain.

"Taming her?" Why does the man have to "wear the pants"? Why can't Sarah be an equal in the relationship?

This is probably his reasoning. From a divorce lawyer quoted in that article:

"I know it is very trendy for the wife to be the breadwinner, but in my professional experience this decision will strain the marriage. It may be fun at first to say 'I have a househusband', but the wife will quickly begin to resent the fact the man is not pulling his weight financially.

"She will think: 'You're not supporting me' - within all of us I think there is still a very deep-seated belief that men should be the protectors. A gradual lack of respect begins to eat into the relationship, and it puts men in a very vulnerable position.

"The role these men are performing at home is, of course, very valuable, but women can find it very hard to recognise and respect a man who is doing it."

And a "political marriage" would make sense... in the middle ages. Not the far off future. Also, "warrior princess"?

Politically arranged marriages occurred in the European monarchies well into the twentieth century. As a way of cementing alliances, it's a fairly good one, going back to at least the Romans (see Gaius Julius Caesar marrying off his daughter Julia to Gnaeus Pompeius Magnus), and worked OK most of the time. The couple liking each other would just be a bonus. Then again, I have very strong monarchist sympathies. Warrior princess would be referring to Xena.

I've never met a person who still thinks that the male should be providing for and protect the female. Infact, if you go up to most people on the street and ask "Should the male have to take care of the female?" even rapist scum douchebags would go "No, women are fully capable of taking care of themselves. They do not need to be taken care of.".

Edited by johnydeath18