Mothership Zeta Crew ¿Romance? Referendum

Nylonathathep

Mothership Zeta Crew Romance Options  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to implement a romance system?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.
    • I'll decide after you finish the main plot and all characters are shown, you lazy bastard!
  2. 2. Preferred Female

3. 3. Preferred Male

Huh... so the Romance System was actually being asked of.

Well, I voted for Yes but I partially also lean on the I don't care side.

For preferred female... I voted for all listed characters (except for the Other option.). I understand you won't work on multiple romance options but I feel it loses the purpose of the Romance System. Then again, there's a reason to have a poll. : P

Personally, I prefer CAC Tanaka and Lt. Kurosawa while there's something cute about being with Nam. For Lydia, there is some attractiveness in the theme Sleeping with the enemy. As for Dr. Nadia... well, she's an expert. : P

For preferred male... I voted for Harkin, Mallore and Eligor. I understand that Harkin and Eligor are popular choices so I don't really have to explain why. But for Mallore? Well, he has potential and I'm hoping for a more fleshed out character. He's a Wing Commander of a fleet of Valkyries, for crying out loud. What's there not to love?

I also voted for Other in preferred male. McManus.

For the lulz.

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This is actually the first time I've posted in these forums, though I've been part of the nexus for quite a while.

But this topic was one I needed to respond to, simply because I love your mod so much. Please implement this. Please. your mod is one of the best I have ever played, and the little touches (like the T-rex at the bottom of the ocean) simply MAKE this mod. Romance is honestly something that I quite enjoy in a game, and in some games (I'm looking to you, Dragon Age 2) it's the only thing that makes the game worth playing. I would like you to introduce romance simply because it adds to the "Side Quest/Daily life" feel of the game. Once I finished the currently released quests, I was disappointed by the lack of interaction and "things to do" with the characters. Adding romance seems like a good way to increase playability while waiting for more main quest.

Also, welcome back, we missed you.

Edit: Huh, apparently I have posted here before, It's just been a few years.

Edited by l337merc

This is my first time on these forums also, but I've been a member for a while now. Strange.

To tell the truth, a tear rolled down my cheek as I watch my Thunderfist be... Ya know. Don't wanna spoil it. So I'd like to see the LT making a come back. You have it in ya nylons, You can do it.

Whalecum back to the modding world. I'm SURE, you were sorely missed.

Welcome back!! it is nice to see you again!!

i picked Kurosawa and Dr. Plishkin .. i like Plishkin <3

I just have a question. i play male toons will i have to pick Kurosawa?

what i mean is .. will it be set up for same sex?

also.. can i romance them both.?. (GRIN)

i do not explain things well -__-

Edited by jezdamayel

Gah, Nylonathathep old friend, no I plead! Romantic elements always ruin a story, just look at all the classics, none of them have romantic themes! Star Wars has maybe one or two romantic encounters, but they're so miniscule as to not even become noticed...except for when he kisses his sister, but that's not romance it's incest so....oh Heavens no.

P.S. Voted Kurosawa, and on account of the humorous possibility, Dr. Plishkin because he could accidentally teleport the Admiral-ette into a wildebeast.

Mothership Twilight Crew! Sparkling Alien lovers! Long introspective speeches, searching the true feelings of a commander nobody understands, because he/she is so unique, tortured and different! Teenage love! Will the commander sacrifice the fate of humanity... to save the only person he or she has ever truly loved? MORE EXOTIC AND COLORED HAIR!

I can see the horror in your eyes...

Bwa-ha-ha!

:devil:

You made me cry a little you know, that's very hard to do

Edited by VictorianApocolypse

I voted Yes.

I've played part of the mod(Loved it) when I was a lady friend's but since I don't own FO3 I had to go and watch videos. I really was expecting something with Kurosawa and the Commander since they had a chemistry from what I remember.

I voted for all the girls. Since I played as a Male LW. As for Romance-able Males? I wasn't entirely sure so I voted on all of them. So indecisive I know but personally I like to have a variety.

Being able to go out with two or more should be possible but with serious consequences. Will they be your significant other? "friends with benifits(FwB)?" A fling? Depending on the character's personality they would also respond a certain way. Maybe a character is fine with an "open" relationship. Another would be fine as FwB for a while till you decide. Maybe one would be a hopeless romantic and be totally offended with you having other girls.

One consequence could be that they fall for another character by the end of the story or they die(if you broke their heart or other triggers).

And I know people would disapprove of this one but it should have SOME influence in the story.

Example: Romancing Tanaka could have you persuading her to trust your decision and side with you in the council.

Maybe having the option to romance someone open after you have enough Romance/Like points that are gained via choices you do and how you respond to characters. Using the council scene, Going against Tanaka would lower her likability with you while siding with her will boost it quite a bit. For Kurosawa hearing your choice will have her react differently. Attacking the Brotherhood will net you enough points(combined with they points you get from the expedition) to start romance with her. Choosing the diplomacy option will lower it but not as much as Tanaka's lost if you attacked, since Kurosawa has a little more trust in you.

Using the Point system could also be used to how they respond to you having more than one girl. The more girls the more drastic the point loss is. But if it's still above the minimum then they'll be "fine" but each girl would respond differently. The romantic won't be too happy and would suffer more point lost than say the open relationship girl. Extending the point system to this could potentially grant the Commander all the available girls. And playing as a Female you could enter the rainbow route... It's another option in another game were the female lead goes out with the a whole band made me laugh at the idea.

Depending on how you handle romance it could be better to make it into a optional plug-in instead. If you plan on having the romance have some say in story then it'd be build in but optional. If it's not affecting the story ie no benefits or consequences then it might be better as an optional file but in my opinion this will make it to what you feared the most, just characters trying to get in your pants.

Yeah... Romance for me is a must have for mods(or games) were you just fall for the character, it means the writer did a very good job in bring that character to life. And yes I've played a few(bout 5 or 7) love-sim games and one of my old time favorite games is Harvest Moon So I might be a tad bias when talking about romance in games.

BTW: If Romancing locks you on that option I'd probably have more than one save... Might have little less if flirting with others is still possible.

EDIT: Holy... That ended up longer than what I though...

Edited by Kuroshu

Romance sounds great. Should make it kind of hard to achieve though and more than just one love interest. Know that would mean a lot more trouble to go through to make it work. Just an opinion. I'm a huge mass effect fan and have tried just about every different combination as to how my characters behave, who they date, dump, etc. and how they treat people overall and deal with moral decisions. I have four old FO3 characters. Hadn't made a new one in a long time but I just might after this mod is finished. I already know how the four I already have will deal with things. Two of them are just downright bad people so they will definitely mess up whoever they end up with in one way or another.

I'm a bit curious: The character that you can engage with the romance dialogue won't be gender specific, right?

For example, if my character was male, he wouldn't be bound to a romance plot with a female character, would he?

Thanks in advance.

For The Commander to have a relationship with any of his subordinates could set a bad example. Kurosawa would be a bad fit being as she is a Thunderfist and her life is always in danger, also she sounds too experienced and jaded to take a relationship seriously. Tanaka would make a better wife/girlfriend being as she and the commander are close to the same age and her job keeps her out of danger.

Sally would also make a good wife (after she grows up) since she seems to have a thing for the commander. Since the Aliens are no longer experimenting on her she should start ageing again, so in 6 years or so she would be old enough to romance. Amata is a good possibility too, shes shown she can make tough decisions and is willing to put the welfare of the Vault before what she wants. Bringing Vault 101 into the TSC could get the people there to stop being mean to the commander, freeing Amata to romance whom she wants.

Politically Sarah Lyons is the best choice, it would solidify the relationship between the TSC and Lyons BOS. But Sarah is also a hard charging ground commander who is used to being in charge, this could lead to friction between her and The Commander.