Mothership Zeta Crew ¿Romance? Referendum

Nylonathathep

Mothership Zeta Crew Romance Options  

546 members have voted

1. 1. Do you want me to implement a romance system?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.
    • I'll decide after you finish the main plot and all characters are shown, you lazy bastard!
  2. 2. Preferred Female

3. 3. Preferred Male

• Replies 109
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As far as I see, no one has implemented a romance mod here before, so I'm all for it should you want to implement a romance system. It will add depth to the game itself, and I do believe you can pull this off.

I choose coordinator Tanaka and Harkin , since I like their personality and attitudes. :biggrin:

I voted yes. It's a rising trend in most games, in-fact you may even implement a child system, seeing as Skyrim just did it. These are enhancement options that one does not need to do, but can do if they want to explore the game a bit further than the basic pull gun out and mow enemies down, I mean for me, if that's all it was about, I'd go play the original DOOM again. Moving on, I see this as an excellent opportunity to improve and move your skills forward as a designer.

My votes are there, reference them as you wish as I have for everyone else's. I see this as an excellent opportunity for you.

Very good to see you back Nylon, I'm not a very sentimental person ,so sorry for the lack of a touchy welcome back speech.

I voted yes to romance, allthough I'm not really fond to it on games I must say that it's a very plausible situation within the MZC story, my votes on the matter of characters whas this:

Female:

Tanaka, if you follow the passive option on the council room.

Kurosawa, if you choose the agressive option on the council room

Male:

Harkin, if you follow the passive option on the council room.

Elignor, if you choose the agressive option on the council room.

Male Commander: justificative

I thought of it this way because of this. If you decide the offensive option on the council room Tanaka sees the commander as a cold hearted person, and that doesn't trust on her to perform diplomatic work, therefore the romance option doesn't appear, and it does appear if the commander chooses the defensive option because she thinks that the commander is a good hearted person whom won't risk the lifes of the troops and civilians on the battlefield, and that trusts in her and on her capabilities as a diplomat. Kurosawa would be the opposite, she would reject the commander for the defensive option because of her grudge against the brotherhood for killing her entire team, and would think that the commander is a coward, and that giving time to the brotherhood is a big error, and the romance attempt would be there if the offensive option is taken because of her grudge against the brotherhood, and would see the commander's atitude as brave and correct.

I haven't thought of a way to justify my choice for Harkin or Elignor, but it would be based in the same situation, Harkin for defensive and Elignor for offensive.

I'm using the council reunion as the X factor on wich character the romance option would be open to the player because it creates a strong point in the story and makes the motives of the characters plausible, and because it's the only situation that I could think of where you allready know all of these characters, exept Elignor, that I, and the general playing public, have acess to.The romances could be implanted after the mission in Russia in order to place these 4 characters into perspective.

Gah, Nylonathathep old friend, no I plead! Romantic elements always ruin a story, just look at all the classics, none of them have romantic themes! Star Wars has maybe one or two romantic encounters, but they're so miniscule as to not even become noticed...except for when he kisses his sister, but that's not romance it's incest so....oh Heavens no.

P.S. Voted Kurosawa, and on account of the humorous possibility, Dr. Plishkin because he could accidentally teleport the Admiral-ette into a wildebeast.

Gah, Nylonathathep old friend, no I plead! Romantic elements always ruin a story, just look at all the classics, none of them have romantic themes! Star Wars has maybe one or two romantic encounters, but they're so miniscule as to not even become noticed...except for when he kisses his sister, but that's not romance it's incest so....oh Heavens no.

P.S. Voted Kurosawa, and on account of the humorous possibility, Dr. Plishkin because he could accidentally teleport the Admiral-ette into a wildebeast.

Mothership Twilight Crew! Sparkling Alien lovers! Long introspective speeches, searching the true feelings of a commander nobody understands, because he/she is so unique, tortured and different! Teenage love! Will the commander sacrifice the fate of humanity... to save the only person he or she has ever truly loved? MORE EXOTIC AND COLORED HAIR!

I can see the horror in your eyes...

Bwa-ha-ha!

:devil:

Please don't do that,not twilight. I can see myself puking rainbows allready!! Oh, the dreadfully bright collors!! I normally prefer to be hit in the head by a blunt object than ask for mercy, but in this case I take exeption, so please, have mercy!! ( I exagerated a little here, but that's my real opinion).

I said yes to romance and it can be influenced by a big event in the story, but no big event in the story should be influenced by it, actually I think that nothing in the story should be influenced by it at all. The romance should be an event that develops apart from the story.

Edited by RicardoRs1990