Download Cap - Why?

anYON3

I'll keep this very short and simple because I'm pretty sure it has already been answered a lot of times.

So anyways, I wanted to get back into playing The Witcher 3 with mods. Unfortunately, all my mods have been deleted with the Vortex """upgrade""".

So this is where I'm at now.

https://gyazo.com/a3910c347e44ce85bbcf2ee3e26b6cd4

Nexusmods, why are you doing this to me? Just why? You gained in popularity but NOW you make it pretty much mandatory to upgrade JUST for the f*#@ing download cap?(Not saying that it would be ok back then) I mean, 14 f*#@ing hours for one third of a mod. Usually, I'd download 2.1gigs in 20 minutes.

And let's not forget that I don't really have a choice when it comes to downloading mods. Sure, Steam's got some but most of the ones I used to use are only available on here... without any better alternative(, cuz this really is a joke).

Kind regards,

~Concerned Citizen

The answer is that bandwidth is expensive and so limiting the bandwidth of non-paying users is a strategy to ensure Nexus Mods doesn't go bankrupt having to pay exorbitant fees for all the users who aren't paying into the system.

So why is no other website that I know of doing it? Like, I'm downloading a ton of files but never came across any site doing something like this in such an obnoxious way.

To the both of you and anyone else reading this: Just forget this thread. After reading other threads it's become very clear to me that all Nexusmods is after is money.

"It's the mindset of "If we screw over the customer enough, they'll give us more money." You're charging us for a solution to a problem you created"

Pretty much sums it up. No announcements, statements or anything in that direction, but rather confirmtion that Nexusmods will push this bs even more in the future. I'd rather play Vanilla games and deal with it than support such a f*#@ed up concept of a "customer friendly" company. (Yeah,customer friendly my *** ).

My message stands: #BoycottNexusmods2k19.

Before I'll leave this site forever or unless something changes (lmao) here are some examples: Literally any site you can upload and download from. MEGA, Mediafire, Reddit, Printerest, even other f*#@ing forums which I won't be naming due to advertisement rules.

To the both of you and anyone else reading this: Just forget this thread. After reading other threads it's become very clear to me that all Nexusmods is after is money.

"It's the mindset of "If we screw over the customer enough, they'll give us more money." You're charging us for a solution to a problem you created"

Pretty much sums it up. No announcements, statements or anything in that direction, but rather confirmtion that Nexusmods will push this bs even more in the future. I'd rather play Vanilla games and deal with it than support such a f***ed up concept of a "customer friendly" company. (Yeah,customer friendly my *** ).

Before I'll leave this site forever or unless something changes (lmao) here are some examples: Literally any site you can upload and download from. MEGA, Mediafire, Reddit, Printerest, even other f***ing forums which I won't be naming due to advertisement rules.

No money, no Nexus. What's not to understand?

The Rabbit

The answer is that bandwidth is expensive and so limiting the bandwidth of non-paying users is a strategy to ensure Nexus Mods doesn't go bankrupt having to pay exorbitant fees for all the users who aren't paying into the system.

So why is no other website that I know of doing it? Like, I'm downloading a ton of files but never came across any site doing something like this in such an obnoxious way.

Because right now the Nexus datacenter is having issues with packet loss at their end of the chain. So everyone is experiencing delays in page loads and downloads because of all the error corrections that are happening in transit.

Boycotting Nexus isn't the answer either. No viable alternative to them exists anywhere and no such site could rise to replace it now without employing similar measures to get the leeches to pay.

Pretty much sums it up. No announcements, statements or anything in that direction, but rather confirmtion that Nexusmods will push this bs even more in the future. I'd rather play Vanilla games and deal with it than support such a f***ed up concept of a "customer friendly" company. (Yeah,customer friendly my *** ).

Before I'll leave this site forever or unless something changes (lmao) here are some examples: Literally any site you can upload and download from. MEGA, Mediafire, Reddit, Printerest, even other f***ing forums which I won't be naming due to advertisement rules.

Should've left before posting something that makes you look like a fool.

Bandwidth is expensive. In fact it's very expensive. Download cap has been installed years ago, it's not exactly news. Now go boycott yourself somewhere else.

MEGA: Limits you to a bandwidth of 1GB every 6 hours as a free user. If you exceed that limit, you have to wait until your 6 hour timer is up (source).

Mediafire: Premium / paid users have a total amount of bandwidth per month. If they exceed that bandwidth, they (and other users downloading from them) will start being forced to view pages with ads on them while downloading (source). Free users see ads all the time.

Reddit: You can only upload videos / images, not actual files. Also you are limited to video sizes of 1GB (source).

Pinterest: Again, only videos and pictures, not actual files. Plus there are limits (source).