New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

":smug My current Oblivion save-game: save# 11448; 2,000+ hours; 21.4Mb size; 200+ esm/dlc/esp active, 100+ that have been played and then uninstalled."

Holy baby Jesus.....what do you do in Oblivion to get to 2000 hours? At 400 hours I just found myself wondering around bored. Thats like most MMO players logged in time. Epic.

I just had to post. I'm willing and able to supply any feedback you would like. Should let me know in e-mail rather than here if you really want legitimate feedback.

As of this writing, I can download mods somewhere around 50% of the time. The rest I get "error, incomplete download."

I like the transition to a user choice for checking on new releases. To me that's common sense. I would however like to see some type of nexus release update system for modders. Currently we can have one mod with an upgrade, beta, delta, just throwing it out there, ...and wait, options! Is there a way to implement a notification system if a mod has changed, upgraded, has optional files... Etc. right now it seems as though the 'grading' version system is left to modders and has no regulation from your site.

In conclusion, I believe if you could standardize a type of 'upgrade' and also 'option' system within the Nexus you would have FAR less calls on your system. Currently there is no standardization and its both apparent and rampant on the mod version naming system.

I just want to say that you can't expect the most people who are using the NMM to be aware of that it's a beta program. If you get 100k new unique users every month, the most of them didn't even install a mod correctly before it, or used the Steam Workshop. I just had the case where I helped a friend installing the NMM, who used the Steam Workshop earlier. And she is not aware of that it's a beta program.

Therefore if you want feedback, implement it in the program itself. No little button in a corner, but a popup with questions about current quality for example (which you can cancel if you want). The people are bound to the NMM, there's no comparable service out there. They can't be legitimate annoyed by a survey of a service they're using for free.

This is btw a system I saw in GW2 first, when they asked for feedback ingame on current quests. Most people dont care about giving feedback if they play a beta, but then they were able to answer ingame.

Regarding myself, I almost never can download per button on the nexus site directly into the NMM anymore. Download incomplete, no reply from server or it just does nothing. Because of this I'm always downloading the mods manually now and add them to the NMM. And due to the missing category feature I build my own system by naming the mods with a number which conforms a category.

Cheers

I recently decided to become a premium member despite the issues

Don't know if it's the premium-only servers, the new update checking interval or both, but NMM seems to be working much better and the site doesn't keep logging me out - keep up the great work!

I just want to say that you can't expect the most people who are using the NMM to be aware of that it's a beta program.

The name on the download page says - in large text "Nexus Mod Manager - Open Beta"

Beta means it is under test - Open Beta means you are invited to help test it. :thumbsup:

On that same page you will find:

Open Beta

We cannot stress enough that we are still in the beta stage of NMM. NMM is in a very good state and will be usable by nearly everyone, but Beta stages are typically used for testing and bug fixing, and some of you will find bugs.

We are using a bug tracker system on our forums that allows you to post any bugs you might have with NMM. We cannot fix a bug if you do not report it! Using the tracker system is as intuitive as making a post on a forum, and you can login to it using your Nexus username and password.

We also have a beta test subforum that contains all the information you need to know to get started, report bugs and help us with development of NMM.

It IS on the download page. Along with a lot more info. Including where to report, and a link to how to report bugs.

Unfortunately, some people are downloading it from other sites and are Not seeing this information,:rolleyes: and may be getting out of date versions. We have no control over what people upload to any other site, but we would like them to include ALL of the information as well as the entire name of the program - please don't leave off the Open Beta. Even better, instead of uploading it to another site - give a link back to the original where they can get the most up to date copy.

If you downloaded NMM from another site - please go here to get the newest version, and ALL of the information on how and where to report bugs. http://oblivion.nexu...ods/modmanager/

The entire reason for making it open was to allow people to report problems when they find them. And we even have a special place for that as shown on the download page. :wink:

Oh, and BTW. It its not required. Manual download & install still works just like it always did. So if you don't want to participate in the Open Beta testing - you can still use the manual download & install it the old way - or some other mod manager if you prefer. :cool: