New NMM version and site fixes

Dark0ne

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

NMM is an Open Beta program, Beta means it is being tested , and Open that you are invited to help test. Please use the bug reports forum page for reporting bugs as that is where the developers look first.

Comments or complaints are welcome here though, but the developers may not see them as they are concentrating on actual bugs ("It doesn't work for me") is a complaint, not a bug. A bug report has a lot more info that can possibly be used by a developer to find out why it doesn't work. The bug tracker page has detailed instructions for posting bugs in a way that is helpful to the developers.

If it doesn't work for you, but seems to work for nearly everyone else, that is information too. And by putting as much info as you can in the post it may help you to find what the problem is if it is on your end. Keep reading these forums. And the Open Beta Feedback forum is a good one to read also. Look in the pinned topics and for posts by DuskDweller who has many suggestions on things to try. http://forums.nexusm...-beta-feedback/ :thumbsup:

If you don't already know, the explanation of how the open beta works is on the NMM down load page - That's why NMM is not listed in the regular downloads. Once it is released, and out of beta it will be listed prominently. :blush:

If you click on the Mod Manager tab at the top of every game home page that is supported by NMM, you will be taken to the NMM home page where you download, and all of the info about NMM and the Open Beta is posted.

NMM is not required to download mods, the old way - manual - is still available for any one who does not choose to participate in the Open Beta testing. 8)

Maybe making a copy of MM while exicuting it might help prevent dataloss on the actual program for sake of a system crash. Happened to me yesterday with the older version of MM. Files broken and i couldnt even download it without installing it via the downloader cause the downloaded file would be broken when it arrived.

that special crash was the only one of that type i ever experienced, my graphics froze, and i am really taking care of my card so its definitely not an overheating issue, while playing fo3...

Don'y know if that helps you improving that amazing stuff you do for Bethesda, but i would be happy if so. *smile*

Happy first birthday Skyrim!

Can I just say huge thanks to the community as a whole. I think of all the vanilla Bethesda games like sinking ships. Vast and beautiful yet slowly going under as the hull is riddled with many leaks. The mod makers comes along and plug up the holes. Not just the holes, a complete renovation and more, making the vessel glide more gracefully than the developers could ever imagine.

We are just one year in I cant even imagine what goodies we will see in another year!

The Nexus ROCKS!!!!!!

Half the time, the connection in timed out. Even with the new version of NMM, I managed to download maybe 3% with it. I had to download it manually and then add the file.

But the real problems started when I tried to deactivate some mods, and NMM RANDOMLY DEACTIVATED ALSO OTHER MODS. For example, I deactivated a follower mod, and idiotic NMM also deactivated my player house. It f*#@ed up my Skyrim game so much I probably won't play it any more, because fixing it would take HOURS.

Just wanted to thank all the folks that make, maintain and run the nexus and it's options! You guys really are great and without you we as a community wouldn't have half the resources, help and even friends that we have. Your work is not unnappreciated and I just wanted to say it. ^_^ Looking forward to testing out the new NMM.