⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

Fallout Modelling - Mini Tutorial

jaysus

dunno where you change the name lol... my sub is called megaton commoner house lol... but you cant see that ingame anyway... (asked that myself but i can only change the index number never the name )

adding more blocks i just do by copying a branch and pasting it again... then you have two strips or shapes you can replace...

i only use one object per texture tho...

----------

dunno waht you wanna say bout diffuse maps... it actually doesnt matter what kind of material you choose in max... after export the nif will be materialless... only using niftools3.1 will keep the textures for fallout from max but then you cant use the meshes... thus you rather get a blank mesh using niftools 3.0 and then changing the texes in nifskope...

• Replies 167
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

dunno where you change the name lol... my sub is called megaton commoner house lol... but you cant see that ingame anyway... (asked that myself but i can only change the index number never the name )

adding more blocks i just do by copying a branch and pasting it again... then you have two strips or shapes you can replace...

----------

dunno waht you wanna say bout diffuse maps... it actually doesnt matter what kind of material you choose in max... after export the nif will be materialless... only using niftools3.1 will keep the textures for fallout from max but then you cant use the meshes... thus you rather get a blank mesh using niftools 3.0 and then changing the texes in nifskope...

thx, yes i saw the updatesd version of the sub, nice stuff gj , will try to add more mesh, i usually add one texture, but somemeshes there is so much stuff, i find it easier to add more textures sometime, diffuse map, might be i don`t go the latest, will go check, but its all working good, just got that yes to all thing, u ever find a thing to add to ini. to bypass it like in oblivion?? thx u very much

just split your mesh into dufferent object in max... will still be one nif but also have many strips

---------------------

the error you got came from your model and somin is wrong, i just dont know what

just make sure you export models with niftools exporter 3.0

import models with niftools exporter 3.1

and export collisions with niftools exporter 3.1

----------

thx, yes i saw the updatesd version of the sub, nice stuff gj , will try to add more mesh, i usually add one texture, but somemeshes there is so much stuff, i find it easier to add more textures sometime, diffuse map, might be i don`t go the latest, will go check, but its all working good, just got that yes to all thing, u ever find a thing to add to ini. to bypass it like in oblivion?? thx u very much

well can`t add 2 mesh in, what is the process like u do, also yes i do got latest version

like get mesh in nifskop, then right click open it up click nitristipsdata then...

here is a little mod i`m working on, i was like where are the aliens that are supposed to attack u like fallout, hehe, its like a hat right now, no idear how to add animation,at least no clipping, but wanted to add the glass helm

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v292/mig...reenShot161.jpg

if you have two meshes in max and export that to nifskope (using niftools >3.0< not 3.1!!!!! sigh lol)

you end up with 1 ninode-> 2x nitristrip-> 1x nistripdata each

then you set the tspaceflags of each data to 16, update the arrays and copy paste the datas over...

update tangents space, change texture and done

if you have two meshes in max and export that to nifskope (using niftools >3.0< not 3.1!!!!! sigh lol)

you end up with 1 ninode-> 2x nitristrip-> 1x nistripdata each

then you set the tspaceflags of each data to 16, update the arrays and copy paste the datas over...

update tangents space, change texture and done

thx will go try it out

Duno if its been mentioned or not, too many pages to read, but I dont have any "Paste Over" option when trying to paste the parts from my nif. What am I supposed to do?

And yes i am using the latest nifskope. I keep everything up to date.

Also, perhaps a new host for the images? Im lost with all the text and would really like to see the images.

@as to screenshots

i think LH wanted to make an article with the pics on a diff server? didnt he do yet?

the paste over function only works for single nodes not branches

must be the same type of node aka a nitrishape wont be copyable over a nitristrip

@as to screenshots

i think LH wanted to make an article with the pics on a diff server? didnt he do yet?

the paste over function only works for single nodes not branches

must be the same type of node aka a nitrishape wont be copyable over a nitristrip

i got no prob copying 1 mesh to 1 mesh, like nitridata to nitridata, but if my mesh from 3dmax

got more then 1 i can`t seem to copy it over, i might be making it wrong, still can`t do it and i got a nice 56 chev , as in the fallout games, it got a lots of nistridata