⚠ Known Issue: Media on User Profiles ×

The Evolving Society Mod

QQuix

• Replies 376
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yes. Absolutely.

The core of the mod is done, but the finishing touches are time consuming and will take a while to publish the Beta.

I decided to go with the shipwreck, so the initial lore will not affect the rest of the play. There will be a rumor of a distant land with all kinds of riches. The player and a few adventurers will be interested and join a ship crew to go there (Argonaut style, maybe?).

The promises themselves do not matter because the ship will sink in a thunderstorm and the player and a few castaway will find themselves in an empty island and must survive.

I spent the weekend developing this Intro and it turned out quite good, if I may say so.

I will post a link in the Mod Forums at The Wormhole in a few days.

• 3 weeks later...

Here it is . . . as a teaser . . . The intro to the VOX POPULI mod.

Pretty much what I said on the previous post.

A few advices:

1. Be there on time! No second chance.

2. Do whatever you think is the most obvious thing a person would do in such situations.

3. Be patient.

4. SAVE before installing the mod and, preferably, don't save your game with the mod on, as this is just a demo and I have not cleaned it as thoroughly as a final mod. If you save, make sure you don't continue your regular game from saves taken with this mod on.

5. Uninstall the mod after playing

I prepared two versions: a regular 7-zip packaging and an OMOD .

The OMOD is recommended as it will make it easier to remove all the pieces from your data folder.

(These are dropbox downloads. I am not going public yet)

*Waits for your feed-back*

Hm. Very interesting Intro Mod. I may try the demo out sometime and report with any feed back. Looks a lot better then the idea I have... (BattleHorn - The Great War)

I still hoping you guys are working hard, and taking regular breaks now and then. =)

• 3 months later...

Yes, I am still working on this mod, although I don't have as much time as I had before.

I have given estimates before and failed miserably every time, so don't trust me too much when I say that there may be an alpha version before the end of the year (which, of course, implies that there is no Beta version available).

• 3 months later...
  • 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...