Barrett m82 Sniper Rifle

SpacemanSpIiff

• Replies 233
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have a Barret 50 cal mod. But it's only for Oblivion though, so what I'm saying is basically off topic. But if I had Fallout 3, I would make it in a jifty. :thumbsup:

One of the things that make this mod idea weird for me is that what with the size of the gun in the Resident Evil screens being pretty much spot on and the immense recoil it has despite the thing on the tip of the barrel, it would be impossible for anyone not wearing power armor or being a super mutant, firing it effectively (read: without falling over and severely hurting themselves) in any other position than the so far non-existent prone position is impossible. But since that's a mod that'll probably come around sometime (hopefully along with the iron sights mod), go ahead and knock yourselves out.

did someone already say that? :(

you would burn holes in your pockets :happy:

Yes on page 4 (using default posts per page) I had suggested that the only ammunition for the rifle be found with it along with a bullet press that either goes into your inventory or goes into your home as a stand alone machine or goes into your home and attaches automatically to your workbench. The powder I did not think of, as I didn't imagine adding a new item to the game for that, I had simply thought 10 brass plus X scrap = 10 rounds of ammunition for it.

And I have asbestos pockets. >.>

Or a brass catcher. <.<

Or... Something. :P

I still think that some of my follow ups on it aren't a bad idea, either.

Having it as a completely unique weapon would be kind of pooey, in my opinion. It definitely needs to be a very, very rare weapon, but if there were only one instance of the weapon in the game then finding ammunition would be impossible without cheating. Perhaps there can be a small chance of Enclave or Brotherhood of Steel knights that carry this weapon? Obviously keep it very rare, but there would have to be more copies of the weapon in order for it to make sense that there's a bit of ammunition laying around.

If it were possible, it would be nice to show the rifle (or any unique weapon) and one of the rounds to the master at arms in the brotherhood armoury and after a few detailed conversation choices, have them come up with a way of manufacturing the weapon and new ammunition for you after an in game week.

*snip* It would be nice to show the rifle (or any unique weapon) and one of the rounds to the master at arms in the brotherhood armoury and after a few detailed conversation choices, have them come up with a way of manufacturing the weapon and new ammunition for you after an in game week.

Also, once they can manufacture them for you, you could start seeing them on the occasional BoS soldier. Take THAT you Outcast berks!