Planetside 2

Passb

You also use certs for class upgrades though. While most weapons are sidegrades, upgrading class related things is a straight up advantage. Like upgrading the medics healing is not a sidegrade, it is a direct upgrade.

You get certs for playing the game, not for paying any money. That's not pay to win. That's PLAY to win.

• Replies 46
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

i must admit the game is far too taxing on my computer, i can run skyrim with a decent framerate and have it looking great, but with PS2 it runs abhorrently and looks abysmal :P

if i had a decent gaming rig im sure i'd be great at it and enjoy it immensely but on my mid to low end laptop its a no go :(

verdict; a great game if you got yourself a good gaming rig....im just gonna stick to TF2 and A.V.A :)

You also use certs for class upgrades though. While most weapons are sidegrades, upgrading class related things is a straight up advantage. Like upgrading the medics healing is not a sidegrade, it is a direct upgrade.

You get certs for playing the game, not for paying any money. That's not pay to win. That's PLAY to win.

You get far more certs and resources by paying a sub.

Edited by marharth

Not more certs just a 10-50% XP gain rate for being a subbed, and if you buy a xp boost that is additional 50%. At the moment I am Level 20 and I still whoop up on people who are level 30+ because those certs don't upgrade you all that much.

Aren't certs earned mostly through XP?

Yes, but that was not the point. When it comes to game play a level 1 player can still easily drop a level 100 player, the level 100 player likely has more toys to play with. In fact I played the other day with a new character and I dropped in on a new character and ended up ripped though 5 level 15+ and 2 level 30+ before going down.

I think the problem is that free-to-play games have been branded as "pay-to-win" in recent days because of several infamous examples.

However, in all honesty, Planetside 2 really does seem different from that. And the game itself is fantastic, a true "concord moment" in gaming. I hope this game sees success so that other publishers take note...

There is way to many morons in this game tbh its sad and Breacher rockets need removing, its bad enough the enemy using them which I can under stand but when your own side is constantly spamming a base to farm kills so the foot soldiers cant even capture the base you know something is wrong :/

Not to mention that free-to-play seems to bring in the worst of players - Hackers. Apparently it's gotten so bad that they are resorting to "hunting down" the hackers:

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2012-12-05-soe-boss-smedley-goes-to-war-on-scumbag-planetside-2-cheaters

Now, don't get me wrong, but wouldn't one of the ways to stop hacking is to... you know... patch the code? And the frequency of aimbotters possibly means that there is no lure to play as a support character, or is there even an option to do so? Character flexibility is perhaps one thing they should take a look at.

Edited by ziitch

TBH I thought EVE had the worst community, but this game is starting to make EVE community look like saints. Banning don't do jack, when they can just create a new account, with out at least trying to patch the floors, but of course stuff like that is easier said then done, hopefully they can.