We are aware aware of an issue with authentication on the site. See our status page for details. ×

Respecing?

Deleted2993601User

Hey. I am a guy who quite often changes spec when it comes to chars. Like if I'm a mage, I suddenly have a change of heart and want to try out something else. I've been a warrior before I was a mage and now I wanna have another go at an archer/assasin/stealth/thief-ish kinda char. Can I somehow respec my mage into said char without using the console all too much? (I've been trying to avoid using it, which has succeeded well)

The easiest solution would have course be to start a new game, but I have far too many quests completed and it boring having to run through them all again and again.

Edited by Guest

Skyrim Redone will give you a respec potion, which allows you to cash in all of your perks. However, you will then be using the SkyRe perk trees, etc, so you might want to read it carefully before you decide to go that route.

I also think I saw a mod that allows you to do this, but it was some time back. I'd try a search using gameplay as the category and perk as a keyword. Good luck.

If you don't mind using the console, but just don't want to type a bunch of commands, you could create (or someone could do it for you) a script that executes all the console commands to clear all your perks. Then, to respec your character you just open the console and type one command to run the batch script.

If you don't mind using the console, but just don't want to type a bunch of commands, you could create (or someone could do it for you) a script that executes all the console commands to clear all your perks. Then, to respec your character you just open the console and type one command to run the batch script.

I am very well acquainted with the console and batch files (I have had and used thousands), but that's not the point. Currently, I've been trying hard to avoid using the console at all because I literally used it every playing minute of Skyrim but now I wanna give the game a fair go and it's okay so far. :)

Don't wanna run into to old bad habits.

I don't think you're going to have any luck doing this without using the console. Starting a new character isn't that bad, I've had tons of characters. You can play the character completely different, do the quests in a different order, skip the ones you're bored of, just run around stealing for the first 10-20 levels, whatever you want. I mean if you really want to "give the game a fair go" then that's what you're going to have to do. Skyrim's replayability is one of the things that makes it such a good game, take advantage of that.

Or just break down and use the console, as any mod that lets you respec your character is basically just doing the same thing anyway.