SSE ...... Steam wants to push a 337.5MB update today

Deleted119721User

That is the steam database game info and is when the database was last updated-nothing to do with when the game was last updated by bethesda.

The last update was from 1.5.80 to 1.5.97 in November/2019. Size of the download depends on which updates you have previously skipped. Update for me was nowhere near 5 GB since my game was already at 1.5.80.

1.5.97 is still the latetest version of the game-so it is fake news.Steam not telling you what a download is for is also fake news.

That is the steam database game info and is when the database was last updated-nothing to do with when the game was last updated by bethesda.

The last update was from 1.5.80 to 1.5.97 in November/2019. Size of the download depends on which updates you have previously skipped. Update for me was nowhere near 5 GB since my game was already at 1.5.80.

1.5.97 is still the latetest version of the game-so it is fake news.Steam not telling you what a download is for is also fake news.

Yes Steam is posting and update on my system so it is not fake ..... just of limited scope and probably due to that I udpated via a game backup

Yes Steam is posting and update on my system so it is not fake ..... just of limited scope and probably due to that I udpated via a game backup

Maybe not fake to you, but you make it sound like there's new updates which isn't so. False alarm is the least you can call your shout-out, since the 'update' Steam wants 'to push' on you is because you haven't updated Steam on your laptop for a while. Like others mentioned already, the game was and still is at version 1.5.97.

I hate Creation Kit Cancer Updates. Seriously, quit screwing up the game for the rest of us STEAM. Non subject connection but I am sick of the fact that I cannot have a disc that has ALL the base information from the game on a blu-ray or DVD to install. Instead you NEED STEAM. That really sucks, although I do not know what happens if you "take ownership" of the game from STEAM.

I hate Creation Kit Cancer Updates. Seriously, quit screwing up the game for the rest of us STEAM. Non subject connection but I am sick of the fact that I cannot have a disc that has ALL the base information from the game on a blu-ray or DVD to install. Instead you NEED STEAM. That really sucks, although I do not know what happens if you "take ownership" of the game from STEAM.

Steam doesn't have a choice if ZeniMax/Bethesda decides to update the game they have to send the update through. If you're going to point fingers then point them in right direction. And it's Bethesda/ZeniMax that decides you need Steam if wasn't Steam it would be some other platform.

Steam is just a distributor a store front so you can't actually take "ownership" of the game from them but either way that would be breaking the TOS and depending on where you live it can also fall under piracy. Not to mention considering what would need to be done in order to do that you would for all intent and purposes make your game un-moddable.