Reposition axes & hammers right side up on the back

Mookeylama

yeah that skeleton does have a lot of bones, but i don't think that's the problem. the weapon node can easily be renamed to sit on the bones that we want. but it's a matter of getting the toon to actually draw that particular bone in the weapon draw animation. i contacted XP32 who made that skeleton, asking if he had any input, but never heard back. but he had been away for awhile.

i've made a nice lookin Orc skeleton that uses the correct axe & hammer positioning. nice huge shoulders and muscular build. i love it for my Orcs, but it still has the goofy upside down greatswords because of the new axe position. i may see about getting permission, and releasing it on Nexus. it works great for someone using a custom race or follower w/ their own skeleton. then u can control them just using hammers n axes. i use it now w/ Unique Everything. that allows u to assign skeletons per race, so now all my Orcs have correct axe positioning. so i might just release it since it would come in handy in those situations at least. and maybe someone w/ animation skill will see it

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 4 weeks later...

i am sure its not possible because they bothe the 2hd axes and hammers and the 2hd swords belongs to the same bone. you have to make a seperate bone for 2hd axes and hammers rename them and make them work. but i dont know how to do that and i am sure that is a hell of work. for the turned axes i would recomend the equip animation of the bow.

• 1 month later...

i am sure its not possible because they bothe the 2hd axes and hammers and the 2hd swords belongs to the same bone. you have to make a seperate bone for 2hd axes and hammers rename them and make them work. but i dont know how to do that and i am sure that is a hell of work. for the turned axes i would recomend the equip animation of the bow.

yes they share the same bone, but it's a fairly easy matter to duplicate that bone and add another. so there's 2 bones back there. 1 for axes, 1 for hammers. then you rotate a bone so that the swords are not upside down (or easier, keep original bone as it is for swords and rotate the new bone for axes/hammers.

then you'd need to rename the weaponback node on all the hammers and axes that you wanted to use that new bone. it's not that hard. i've done all this already and it works fine (tho i didn't rename the node on all axes, just a few for testing). the positioning looks good. animation is not that big a deal at this point. the vanilla anim flips the axes so quickly that u don't really notice it.

no, where we're stuck at is getting the toon to draw the weapon off the added bone. the draw animation is only linked to the original bone. we need to somehow attach the new bone to the original or get the animation to recognise the new bone.

• 2 weeks later...

I was thinking just that too, link the newly created bones to the original so they'd follow it into animations. Can't we make the new ones somehow "children" so they'd follow the movements of the original ?

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

For the love of Talos please finish this its so immersion breaking to see my damn 2H axe/hammer grip swinging in the air. I actually have to unequip my 2H hammer/axe when im not using it as to not completely start flipping out at Bethesda for such a derpy decision.

is it a bird, is it a plane no its my FING weapon grip!!!

P.S. I saw all the other identical posts you made on other sites that got basically no responses/TROLLS lol.

Edited by ThatOldRedNeck

• 1 month later...

For the love of Talos please finish this its so immersion breaking to see my damn 2H axe/hammer grip swinging in the air. I actually have to unequip my 2H hammer/axe when im not using it as to not completely start flipping out at Bethesda for such a derpy decision.

P.S. I saw all the other identical posts you made on other sites that got basically no responses/TROLLS lol.

indeed! i can not think how this is not done yet. axes and hammers are completely OPPOSITE of how they should be. please finish this skeleton guyz! i found this photogra that led me here;

http://img838.imageshack.us/img838/7025/elvenbackcopy.jpg

This is how it shuld be! this thread is long and has many comments. very suprized this has not completed. maybe start thread in main mod talk. doesnt seem just a request anymore. the elf in photo so much more natural with axe that way!

• 3 months later...

Hi there!

I created a custom skeleton that fixes the two-handed axes and hammers. See here:

One-handed swords are on the back and the two-handed weapons are fixed.http://img5.fotos-hochladen.net/uploads/201402230000xrmyzupdkw.jpg