What Are Your Holiday Traditions?

WaLkAwaY

My holiday traditions (not sure how long it has to be done for it to be a tradition) include:

• I will drive up around Lake Tahoe and go hiking the weekend before Christmas. Been doing this since I have lived in California. But have done it in every state around various mountain ranges.

• I will watch Aliens and Aliens 2 whilst making holiday dinner. Been doing this for as long as I can remember or as long at least as I have been making holiday dinner.

• I make a huge, I am talking HUGE holiday spread. I do this expecting my brother and some of the guys he works with to be home but more often than not I get stuck eating it alone.

• I go watch a movie in a theater. Usually xmas day or the night before. You would think they would be closed but it is actually a pretty busy night for theaters. Not sure of the title this year I have not looked.

• I get a Holiday card picture taken, with my dog. That might seem strange to some of you but she is my best friend.

• I go to San Francisco and watch the Nutcracker Ballet in the War Memorial Opera House. Been doing this every single year. Have only missed 7 I think.

• Myself and a friend (sometimes my brother) will go to the mall and watch people. We will sit across from each other and take a pad of drawing paper and colored pens and draw a picture of someone in the crowd that the other person has to guess which person it is. Like I will draw a Christmas tree and the other person picks out the person in the crowd who is wearing a green shirt and brown pants. It might sound stupid but it is fun.

My brother and I have a lot of friends that have died as the result of war. We used to visit their graves but out of practicality we decided that we should pick one place and then just read their names out loud reminisce about them. I visited the Arlington National Cemetery last year and this is something I am making into a tradition, I will either visit the Arlington National Cemetery in Virginia or visit the National Cemetery located at the Presidio of San Francisco.

Well I think that is it. I might think of some more things that I have done but up until now I have not seen a pattern.

What are yours?

The whole family lives around here. So, we all get together at one of their houses. My boyfriend's uncle normally makes standing rib roast, double stuff potatoes, veggies, and salad. We eat that and then we open presents :P

Nothing very fancy, but it's still fun. We watch football, have a few beers, talk, and laugh :)

• 2 weeks later...