Script Extender Not Recognized

jayrichardm
Go to solution Solved by jayrichardm,

I should have mentioned this on the other thread where we installed the script extender. I'm brand new to PC gaming. I've had my console less than a month. Moving files to directories in order to run a game is completely new to me. I still have a lot to learn as far as terminology, where things go, etc, etc. I appologize for my screw ups and misunderstandings as well as those that I have yet to make. So I'd appreciate it if you would cut me a little slack.

One of the first mods I Loaded seemed to work ok, but then it stopped working altogether. On checking the Nexus description I noticed that it requires some dependent mods. I loaded them and when I started the game I got this weird error message. I'm not sure I know what the message means and I definitely don't know how to deal with it. But this problem might be the cause of a lot of other issues I'm having. For example while I'm quite sure that SkyUI is installed correctly it is still not working.

The error message said: Race Menu Errors: Your Running SKSE Version 0.0.0.0, Expected 2.0.7.56 or greater. SKSE script version mismatch detected. (64) Please reinstall your SKSE scripts to match your version. NiOverride plugin not detected.

But SKSE64_1_5_97.dll is sitting in the SkyrimSE root directory. It doesn't appear that this mod is finding it.

SKSE is installed on my system and is in the SkyrimSE root drectory, as I pointed out. Should the file be loaded in a different folder? I just used the Skse64_loader.exe to start the game and the above mentioned error message didn't come up. I still have a problem though. Even starting the game as I did My SkyUI mod became disabled. Going into my mods and reactivating it, does not reactivate it. It is not working in the game. I also installed SkyUI through Vortex and the SkyUI.esp and SkyUI.bsa files are both in the SkyrimSE data file. Also the SkyUI mod is active in Vortex. What else could cause SkyUI to fail to start?

skse64_1_5_97.dll/skse64_loader.exe/skse64_steam_loader.dll

Copy/paste the above 3 files into your Skyrim Special Edition Folder

Create a new data folder and put the scripts folder of skse inside it.

Archive it using 7zip for example

Install it with vortex-this makes uninstall easier.

Always launch the game using skse64_loader.exe,the vanilla launcher will disable SkyUI

Steam needs to be running.

SkyUI is script extender version independent-its the mods that use it that may need updating when the game is updated.

Make sure you have the latest version of RaceMenu which supports game version 1.5.97/Skse64 2.0.17

I really appreciate your responce friend. It is good to hear from someone who knows what they are doing.

Since this is all very new to me, let me double check that I understand what we are doing and why we are doing it.

I take it that it is OK to have more than one Data folder as long as Steam knows where it find it. That is why we are

going to drop this new folder into the Steam load window.

First problem. I can't create a new "Data" folder. I have to give it a different name but Steam will learn the new name when

I drop it into Steam. So I created a new folder Data_SE and loaded the extender scripts into it, then archived it.

Skse64_loader.exe also disables SkyUI when I launched it, but that could be because Steam doesn't know where to find those files since my moving and dropping files happened after I loaded the mod into Steam.

Since you didn't say anything about my current location of my SkyUI files, I take it that it is OK to leave them where they are in the Data file.

And RaceMenu requires the version of Extender that I have. I don't know where to find what game version it supports, but I recently installed the latest version of the game, so I'm probably good.

I'm going to wait to hear back from you before I drop this new folder into Steam.

Once again Thanks for responding.

"as long as steam knows where to find it"/"after i loaded the file into steam"/"going to drop this new folder into the Steam load window" etc.

What has steam got to do with it?you are using Vortex to manage and install mods.

Install all your mods into Vortex

Vortex can then install those mods into your game.

Dont use steam to install-avoid the games built in mod manager it will cause you problems.

Uninstall everything and start again,only using vortex.

• Solution

Ok I meant Vortex. But you did say that Steam needed to be running when I load the game.

In Vortex, is disabling a mod and then re-enabling it the same as deleting the mod and reinstalling it?

Or I can remove the mods but leave them archived and then reinstall them from the archive. I take it that is what I need to do.

When I uninstalled the Script Extender it disappeared from my list of mods without leaving me an archive, so I copied the Extender dll into Vortex from the SktrimSE folder and installed that. I see that all of my Extender scripts were deleted from the data folder when I deleted the extender, so I copied all of them back to the Data folder from the new data folder you had me make.

I think I'm ready to start the game.

I've started to check out changes.

The first thing I noticed is that SkyUI still isn't working. Again it was disabled on starting the game, so I enabled it. The first time I checked my inventory I got a series of error messages about incompatible files. These files do not come with SKYUI. The only one I wrote down is InventoryMenu.swf. I tried three times to load an older game save but each time the game crashed. On searching my SkyrimSE directory I have no *.swf files.

I didn't see any changes to my Flower Girls mod when interacting with NPCs. That mod

is still broken. I did also reinstall that mod after reinstalling the script extender.

When I tried to fast travel to where some ore node are, to check out my mining mods and see if they work any differently, the game crashed. But they need the SkyUI mod to work, so my mining mods still won't work. Every time I've tried to do something that causes a game save, the game crashes.

It seems like the harder I try to get everything working, the deeper I get in a hole.

I'm afraid that I've gotten Vortex so screwed up with all the mods I've loaded, played around with un-installed etc. that I'm considering using windows to uninstall Vortex and start over, if that would work.

But anyway, you have been a champion and I thank you again for your help.