No vortex folder in Fallout 4

wayneout

BodySlide was not showing a preview so I watched a video showing how to correct the problem. On the video, he went to "steam apps-common-Fallout 4-Tools.

I might have left out something in the path. Under his tools, he had bodyslide and a vortex folder. Inside the vortex folder, he copied the bodyslide folder and after deleting the original bodyslide folder, he pasted it. Then he went back into the vortex folder-tools-body slide and copied five files and then back to body slide and pasted them. I was trying to copy what he did but when I went under tools, all I had was the bodyslide folder. There was no vortex folder at all. I cannot find a vortex folder anywhere in Fallout 4 under the steamapps folder. The video might be old and the vortex folder might be somewhere else but I do not know where to loook for it. Anybody know what could be wrong. Here is the link to the video

Sorry I do not know how to add url tag

Has the author of the video in OP's post placed the mod staging folder in the game directory? It would appear that the "Vortex" folder he mentions is actually the mod staging folder. If so, that is absolutely the wrong place to set up the mod staging folder. Also, the installation process described in the video is unnecessarily complex. To set up BodySlide, all you need to do is download, install, enable, deploy and configure the desktop tool. No copy and paste is ever needed. The same is true for CBBE (except for configuring a desktop tool).

Has the author of the video in OP's post placed the mod staging folder in the game directory? It would appear that the "Vortex" folder he mentions is actually the mod staging folder. If so, that is absolutely the wrong place to set up the mod staging folder. Also, the installation process described in the video is unnecessarily complex. To set up BodySlide, all you need to do is download, install, enable, deploy and configure the desktop tool. No copy and paste is ever needed. The same is true for CBBE (except for configuring a desktop tool).

Ugh, I've reported this video before, because it's totally wrong, and I think the Nexus reached out to him to take it down.

He has the VORTEX folder AND the MOD folder inside his game folder.