Need some helping getting into Oblivion

Danfrombackhome

I started playing Elder Scrolls with Skyrim on ps4. I then went to PC and love it. I grabbed Oblivion on 360 and wasn't too into it. Just seemed ugly and boring. Snagged it on PC and it looks a little bit better but still seems boring. Any tips on how to get into the game? I was figuring that maybe some texture mods could help. Any suggestions would be appreciated!!!

Play with mods, mate, and you should never be bored ever again! In fact I'm gonna list some of the mods I play, not in proper load order, though!

Elswey Deserts of Anequina and Elsweyr Pelatine!

Unique Landscapes! Roads of Cyrodiil! Shivering Isles Root System!

Dungeons of Tamriel (this adds sewer dungeons to 3 other Cyrodiil cities/towns including Bruma and Anvil)!

WIndfall (lots of quests in a new land!), Under the sign of The Dragon and TWMP! TWMP Hammerfell! (Has some pretty cool unique dungeons in it, as well as some unique quests!)

And never forget proper load order, either! A program called BOSS should help with that! And never forget to use Oblivion Mod Manager and Wrye Bash, too! And if distant lod is an issue, TES4LodGen should fix it for ya!

• 8 months later...

Play with mods, mate, and you should never be bored ever again! In fact I'm gonna list some of the mods I play, not in proper load order, though!

Elswey Deserts of Anequina and Elsweyr Pelatine!

Unique Landscapes! Roads of Cyrodiil! Shivering Isles Root System!

Dungeons of Tamriel (this adds sewer dungeons to 3 other Cyrodiil cities/towns including Bruma and Anvil)!

WIndfall (lots of quests in a new land!), Under the sign of The Dragon and TWMP! TWMP Hammerfell! (Has some pretty cool unique dungeons in it, as well as some unique quests!)

And never forget proper load order, either! A program called BOSS should help with that! And never forget to use Oblivion Mod Manager and Wrye Bash, too! And if distant lod is an issue, TES4LodGen should fix it for ya!

awesome! thanks everybody

Skyrim do looks great, no doubt as it is 5 years younger game then Oblivion but it also sux in many ways as Oblivion do have better better stories I think and for the moment it feels much funnier to play but I done everything in Skyrim + the Dragonborn Legacy... Well take the companions Guild as one example, I think they sux completely and I feel their story is put together in a haste before release as one example ... ;)

Oblivion NPCs sux too, when they talk to each others so both games have back sides but it started here, with the voiced AI as the NPCs in Morrowind never talks with eachothers... ;)

OCO2 makes all NPC's to look much nicer. Be sure to follow the instruction when you install it. A retexture is a must so if you have not found one you are pleased with -> Qarls textures IIII and also get a new body for your NPC's. :)

...just to mention some good ones...

• 4 weeks later...

Bethesda has so many great games. Between the Elder Scrolls and Fallout universes much enjoyment is yours for the downloading. A brand new huge DLC was released just today for Fallout New Vegas that was years in the making. Makes me hopeful that Skyblivion will happen some day.