Stocking a home bar

Wrathchild41

I figured "The Lounge" was the right place for this post :-D

I recently built a bar in my "man cave". All the carpentry work is done, and I do have a modest liquor collection, but not exactly sure what i need to truly have a well stocked bar.

Here's what I have so far:

Liquors/Mixers:

Seagram's Extra Dry Gin

Smirnoff Vodka

Three Olives Cherry Vodka

Three Olives Loopy Vodka

Bacardi White Rum

Capt. Morgan's Spiced Rum

Windsor Canadian Whiskey

Black Velvet Canadian Whiskey

Old Crow Kentucky Bourbon

Red Stag Kentucky Bourbon

Cuervo Gold Tequila

Monte Alban Mezcal Tequila

Jagermeister

Dekuyper's Peach Schnapps

Paramount Butterscotch Schnapps

Paramount Amaretto

Colonial Club Triple-Sec

Rose's Grenadine

Kahlua coffee liqueur

Mr. & Mrs. T's Sweet and Sour Mix

Mr. & Mrs. T's Margarita Mix

Baja Rosa

Wines:

Beringer's White Zinfandel

Turning Leaf Pinot Grigio

Barefoot Merlot

Mondavo Merlot

Carlo Rossi Paisano

Beers:

Budweiser

Bud Light

Coors Light

Yuengling Lager

Corona

Great Lakes Brewing Co. Burning River (Pale Ale)

Sam Adams Oktoberfest

Misc:

Cola (Coke and Pepsi)

Sprite

Ginger Ale

Squirt

Cherry Juice

Orange Juice

Red Bull

Monster Energy Drink

Any omissions and/or suggestions are welcome.

gotta have some cheap carlsberg

and i'd get some kraken rum, ferkin lovely stuff!

and you have 2 have jack daniels!

a bottle of absinthe makes a great party piece, especially if you have the proper fountain, glass and absinthe spoon...not to mention it burns well and gets you absolutely slaughtered!

a good bottle of cot de rhone deserves a place, for white Chablis is a nice choice, a bottle of rose and at least 1 bottle of prosecco and champagne

i'd make sure i had a good range of values too, all bar's deserve at least a few expensive bottles of something nice! and a few medium value bottles and a whole bunch of low value everyday tipples!

if you've got the money to afford all that lot personally i'd buy a whole bunch of lovely beers and ales, the ones u buy one at a time, make sure theres at least 4 to 7 of each, its always nice to mix, match and try new beers!

also get some limes, lemons, salt, sugar cubes, plenty of glasses in all sizes, boxes of salty treats i recommend pork scratchings, 2 or 3 flavours of crisps and even some small packs of sweets for when you just need that sugar.

you'll need at least 1 mini fridge, a mini freezer would also help

i could go on for a while on this lol, made extensive plans meself :)

Oh ya, absinthe is a good party piece. Good stuff, hate the taste though :P I thought it was illegal in the US still..dunno if that's changed or the absinthe they do sell here doesn't have the wormwood leaves in it..hmmm

No Crown Royal? How could you? :P It's so expensive but it's so good. It's about the only hard liquor I can drink without getting insanely sick. I wouldn't touch anything on your liquor list there haha.

I'd get some Mickey's and St. Pauli Girls for the beer list. Mickey's is malt liquor but it doesn't taste like Colt 45 and all that other cheap crap. It actually tastes like beer :P It's cheap too..cheaper than Budweiser I think. Get some Leinenkugel's too if you can find it. They make a lot of seasonal beers, most of them are pretty good..better than Sam Adams I think.

Quite the stock there though haha. Our friend has a bar down in his basement. Doesn't have much in the range of liquor, but he always has the fridge stocked with good beer :D

Eggnog its that time a year again, also you forgot milk.

Also man caves are awesome, a friend of mine built one insane man cave with a 105inch movie screen and actual movie seats to go along with it, and bar at the back so people could grab a drink during the movie, down in front i say http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/biggrin.gif

Edited by Thor.

Tonic water - how were you going to handle Gin & Tonic? :thumbsup:

Of course you will need fresh lime, lemon and a few other things that must be fresh - Not a big fan of those plastic squeeze lemons. :facepalm:

Now, the only other thing you need at your bar is me. :tongue:

I'm hoping to build a Tiki Bar on my deck this spring. But I doubt it will be as well stocked as yours.

Thanks for the tips, I do need to get tonic water, and fresh fruit is also a must, but that can wait til the day of a bash.

I am planning to add slowly over time (quite a bit of what I have is left over from my wedding last summer )

J.D. and Crown are definitely on the list, and I was informed today that I need tomato juice - my wife likes bloody maries lol

Don't forget the treats, like chips and stuff on the bar table, add that atmosphere of a restaurant lol.

Want peanuts to go along with that or beer nuts.

i don't drink by the way http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/psyduck.gif

If you don't have one already, 2 wide screen tv's with sports playing in the distance, or over the bar like those you see in restaurants like i mentioned earlier. Or a 105inch movie screen http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/yes.gif

Edited by Thor.

Some non alcoholic drinks for those like me who do not drink alcohol or for those designated to be the ones driving others home.

* Orange and or other fruit juices.

* Lime lemon and bitters

* Chilled water (also to be drunk by people drinking alcohol so they do not dehydrate),

* Coffee (Also to help sober up people if need is there)

* Non alcoholic apple cider

There are many other possibilities

Edited by Maharg67