ℹ️ Intermittent Download History issues ×

Vortex need to fix or get more servers

BernardGS

I'm from South America and here with 70mb/s i can only downlad vortex Mods between 200kb/s and 500kb/s, that's not me, that's the Vortex Plataform, when Vortex weren't needed Nexus Mod Manager managed to download everything at 1mb/s, and now it's stuck at low download capacity, and when it's light mods like a few mb it does download at 1.2mb/s but when it gets to the next heavy mod it starts at 1.2mb/s and goes back to 300kb/s, it's been like this for over a year now i think. (I just re-installed Vortex and is the same as last year)

Compared to other plataforms

Steam Download rate - 8.9mb/s

Bethesda Download rate 6.9mb/s

Vortex Download rate 350kb/s

Download max speeds are reduced to 1-2 MB for non premium members.If your add blocking it may be even less.Vortex also limits download threads to 1 for regular members,up to 10 for premium.

vortex settings-download-download threads .

Also have to factor in the current situation-large part of the world stuck in their homes for long periods,so internet usage has increased a lot.The greater the demand the slower it gets.

Is there any difference in speed if you download direct from nexus,rather than from within vortex?

A

Download max speeds are reduced to 1-2 MB for non premium members.If your add blocking it may be even less.Vortex also limits download threads to 1 for regular members,up to 10 for premium.

vortex settings-download-download threads .

Also have to factor in the current situation-large part of the world stuck in their homes for long periods,so internet usage has increased a lot.The greater the demand the slower it gets.

Is there any difference in speed if you download direct from nexus,rather than from within vortex?

Actually this has been going for a long time already, i just re-installed it and still get bodered by it, and about the Ad block, Having Ad Block on means i will recieve less download speed on vortex? this doesn't make sense

Guest deleted34304850

so don't adblock then?

also - vortex is a mod manager - it has no say in your download speeds. there are a million posts in the support forums around this, you can post your feedback there, but this isn't, never was, never will be anything to do with vortex.