Obama: Worst president in the last 100 years

MrJoseCuervo

I will just leave this here in case anyone cares to see how Fox News describes their own reporting. And before you bash the liberal press, remember that the court records are public and can be seen by anyone who wishes to view them.

https://slate.com/news-and-politics/2020/09/judge-rules-fox-news-tucker-carlson-not-source-of-news-defamation-suit-mcdougal-trump.html

So the question now becomes, are the folks extolling the virtues of Fox News a "reasonable viewer"?

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

None of the news organizations are without bias, some more blatant than others. None of the news organizations are accurate either. Stories are always told from the perspective the organization wants to push. Facts, accuracy, simply don't factor in any more. Its is what is the most controversial, what generates the best ratings, or advertising dollars, etc.

The news is no longer about informing the public, it's about ratings. That's it.

Bias is expected in everything, simply because human beings are all different. Outright lies, malicious distortions and propaganda are a different matter entirely.

And that is pretty much all we get from the major news organizations of late. Basically, for the last decade or so.

I still remember when the 'news' was exactly that. News. No political bias, no editing of stories to support a particular political view. Just facts, all of them. Not leaving out little bits and pieces because they didn't support the message you were trying to forward. Of course, that was back when you got the news in half hour segments. 30 minutes of 'local' news, then 30 minutes of national news. With the advent of the 24 hour news cycle, all that went out the window, and ratings/political message became more important than truth, and facts.

Edited by HeyYou

Bias is expected in everything, simply because human beings are all different. Outright lies, malicious distortions and propaganda are a different matter entirely.

And that is pretty much all we get from the major news organizations of late. Basically, for the last decade or so.

I still remember when the 'news' was exactly that. News. No political bias, no editing of stories to support a particular political view. Just facts, all of them. Not leaving out little bits and pieces because they didn't support the message you were trying to forward. Of course, that was back when you got the news in half hour segments. 30 minutes of 'local' news, then 30 minutes of national news. With the advent of the 24 hour news cycle, all that went out the window, and ratings/political message became more important than truth, and facts.

Sorry, I don't watch television. Newspapers, books, magazines, radio. Multiple and various opinions and different perspectives. Double checked sources, fact checking before publication.

But I am sure that you will now tell me that the printed press is also "fake news" and biased. heavy sigh

Sorry, I don't watch television. Newspapers, books, magazines, radio. Multiple and various opinions and different perspectives. Double checked sources, fact checking before publication.

But I am sure that you will now tell me that the printed press is also "fake news" and biased. heavy sigh

It's readily apparent that you have already made up your own mind, so, it really doesn't matter what I say, you will just chalk it up to MY bias...... So, I won't bother.

I don't watch broadcast TV either though. I gave up on that years ago. I get my news from assorted websites, yes, each with their own bias...... but, if you check around, you can actually find the details that other places will leave out.

It's readily apparent that you have already made up your own mind, so, it really doesn't matter what I say, you will just chalk it up to MY bias...... So, I won't bother.

I don't watch broadcast TV either though. I gave up on that years ago. I get my news from assorted websites, yes, each with their own bias...... but, if you check around, you can actually find the details that other places will leave out.

What do you think guys ... any relevance ... https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2020/09/28

What do you think guys ... any relevance ... https://www.gocomics.com/calvinandhobbes/2020/09/28

He would probably be more accurate/relevant. :D

He would probably be more accurate/relevant. :D

Calvin for President ... somehow I think Calvin would go for that (and then you'd have Hobbes for Vice-President ... a somewhat calming influence most days).