Mod question

wilbatruss1257

So say I have a few weapon and NPC add on mods right. Say I wanted to combine most of my weapon mods into one singular mod.

Would it be technically possible if I opened up one ESP, and then copy and pasted everything from the other mods ESP's into that one; would that work? To phrase it better, if I took all the data from ESP's and added it into one ESP; would that make a functioning ESP that would combine all of those into the one; or do I need to use software? I figure if I moved the meshes and what have you into the data folder, and then just copy-n-pasted all the ESP data from the other mods into one giant ESP that it would work better than going through the headache of learning other methods.

Please, ask your question in the forum of the game you don't mention. But what you're saying is possible and is called 'merging'. It all depends on what's in the mods you want to merge besides weapons and armour. If there's scripts involved it could get complicated. I'm not a mod maker so I know little about what's possible or not.

To get to a game's fora, open the mods page of any game, look at the top of the screen, hit 'community' and chose 'Forums' from the roll-down menu.

The mod Immersive Wenches changes a lot of things in the game. Going into wolfskull cave the drougr and skeletons have been replaced by wenches. The problem I've run into is that the hole you used to drop down through to enter the inner chamber is now sealed over by a rock like slab. I cant find any way to open, or get through this slab. I can't find any levers to open it. There is a small hole in the middle of the slab that looks like something could be put into it, but nothing I've picked up will go into it.

Does anybody know how to proceed here?

The mod Immersive Wenches changes a lot of things in the game. Going into wolfskull cave the drougr and skeletons have been replaced by wenches. The problem I've run into is that the hole you used to drop down through to enter the inner chamber is now sealed over by a rock like slab. I cant find any way to open, or get through this slab. I can't find any levers to open it. There is a small hole in the middle of the slab that looks like something could be put into it, but nothing I've picked up will go into it.

Does anybody know how to proceed here?

This is the section where 'newbies' say hello, not a place where you dump questions that can't be answered for lack of information about what game you're talking about. Go to the forums of the game the mod is for, or post in the comments section of the mod itself, if comments can be added.

And please read stickies in fora. They're there for a reason.

I didn't post it under Newbies. I remember what you told be a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how it got there. I tried to ask my question through a "Forums" tab for Immersive Wenches, but there is none. Since neither Immersive Wenches or Deadly wenches has a forums tab for asking mod questions perhaps you could point me to where I should have ask this question. I'm still learning my way around.

You were a big help in telling me about the console command "getskseversion", but you were dead wrong in suggesting I had overlooked something in installing the Script Extender and SkyUI. The problem turned out to be Vortex itself. Once I threw Vortex out the window and replaced it with MO2, the Script Extender and SkyUI are work perfectly.

Immersive Wenches ... click on the Posts tab. Two ways you can go from there.

1) Ask your question and hope that somebody answers.

2) Look to see if your question has already been asked (possibly numerous times). Here's a trick to make that easier (who wants to wade through 111 pages of comments ... not me). At the top of the Posts tab you'll see a button that says Forum Thread. Click that and it will take you to the forum view of those same mod comments. The Forum interface has a search funtion (way up at the top right ... will say Search... and to the right of that This topic).

I'd suggest trying something other that wolfskull cave or wolf skull cave (both of those came up empty when I tried) but something that is likely to get a search hit (does the quest have a name for example). Click the magnifying glass once you have put something in the Search... box.

I didn't post it under Newbies. I remember what you told be a couple of weeks ago. I don't know how it got there. I tried to ask my question through a "Forums" tab for Immersive Wenches, but there is none. Since neither Immersive Wenches or Deadly wenches has a forums tab for asking mod questions perhaps you could point me to where I should have ask this question. I'm still learning my way around.

You were a big help in telling me about the console command "getskseversion", but you were dead wrong in suggesting I had overlooked something in installing the Script Extender and SkyUI. The problem turned out to be Vortex itself. Once I threw Vortex out the window and replaced it with MO2, the Script Extender and SkyUI are work perfectly.

"Immersive Wenches" is a mod for Skyrim or Skyrim SE. So that's where you go, to the Skyrim forums. Or to the mod's page. And I've been 'dead wrong' before and probably will be again. Sue me.

*EDIT*

Tried five minutes to post this reply, didn't want to. Probably because Striker was posting at the same time...

"Immersive Wenches" is a mod for Skyrim or Skyrim SE. So that's where you go, to the Skyrim forums. Or to the mod's page. And I've been 'dead wrong' before and probably will be again. Sue me.

*EDIT*

Tried five minutes to post this reply, didn't want to. Probably because Striker was posting at the same time...

:ninja:

Sorry Jimmy ... slow day at the office for me.

Edited by Striker879

Starting at "The Nexus Forums" page I found "Skyrim sub Forums" under the "Nexus Sites" Item. Under Skyrim modding there is Mod talk, Mod troubleshooting, and Mod Requests. Are you referring to one of them when you said "the mod's page", because like I said there is no Forums tab on these Wenches mods.

If I'm in the Skyrim Mod Talk screen for example and I do a search for Wolfskull cave, what is that search going to look at? Will it look at the Wenches Mods or just the stuff under Mod Talk?

Including Striker's comments, if I go to the Deadly Wenches mod, then to Posts, then to Forum Thread, I do a search for Wolfskull Cave. When that comes up dry I then post my question as a new topic. But where do I post it? The Nexus Forum for Deadly Wenches doesn't have a "New Topic" button. The Posts Page has a place to add comments, but that doesn't sound right.