Is it possible for Vortex to update mods automatically?

Maelstrom89
Go to solution Solved by Maelstrom89,

I use Vortex for managing mods on Mount and Blade II Bannerlord. I know it's not in a stable form but it's supported. Now does it support auto-updating of mods?

I'd really like to know that, and know how. Some mods cannot be updated, but other says they can be, but I've tried everything and can't figure it out. I have to remove the mod via Vortex, and manually download the new version, and install through Vortex every time there's any update on anything. Kinda begs the question of .. should I even be using Vortex?

Edited by Maelstrom89

The CHECK FOR UPDATES button tells me every mod that is out of date, which version(s) they are at currently at, whether or not they can be updated or need me to manually pick a file. None of them are actually updated if that button is supposed to function that way.

Do I need premium for this?

Edited by Maelstrom89

The CHECK FOR UPDATES button tells me every mod that is out of date, which version(s) they are at currently at, whether or not they can be updated or need me to manually pick a file. None of them are actually updated if that button is supposed to function that way.

Do I need premium for this?

No, it's not supposed to automatically update, because imagine having hundreds of carefully installed and/or customized mods, suddenly and automatically updated once you hit the button?

That would be terrible.

Depending on the icon, if you click the up arrow, you get sent to the mods webpage to pick which version you want, if the icon looks like a little CLoud with a Down Arrow, then the mod will automatically be downloaded when you click on the cloud

• Solution

Right, it would be.

Cloud icons simply link to the mod manager download page (versus the other icon being the description page of a mod). I could get premium to make them download instantly, but what I mean, is that this installs a version -alongside- the older one, so there's still two of them (eg 1.0 and 1.1) and the user has to manually remove the older one. Kinda wish they would automatically replace the other. Maybe I am asking too much or this is too lazy?

Edited by Maelstrom89

Right, it would be.

Cloud icons simply link to the mod manager download page (versus the other icon being the description page of a mod). I could get premium to make them download instantly, but what I mean, is that this installs a version -alongside- the older one, so there's still two of them (eg 1.0 and 1.1) and the user has to manually remove the older one. Kinda wish they would automatically replace the other. Maybe I am asking too much or this is too lazy?

If you have premium and use the cloud icon, Vortex installs the update, however, it asks you first if you want to "ADD VARIANT", or "REPLACE" the mod being updated

Not a good idea to automatically remove the older one in case you need to roll back, because of a bug in the mod

That's not too bad then actually. I suppose the few bucks for Premium might be worth it for someone who literally wants to download as many mods as they can until their game breaks and to keep on top of them too.

Edited by Maelstrom89

That's not too bad then actually. I suppose the few bucks for Premium might be worth it for someone who literally wants to download as many mods as they can until their game breaks and to keep on top of them too.

That's the spirit!

MOD IT UNTIL IT BREAKS!!! :D

We all do that :smile:

Mount and Blade 2 Bannerlord looks really fun, but I'm waiting for it to get out of early access