1950 - 1960 TV Shows you wish would come back.

jjb54

I'm NOT talking " Reboots ", we all know how well those don't work! :down:

I'm talking just bring your ( dating yourself ) TV shows from 50's and 60's back. Just bring them back!

IE:

Sea Hunt - Lloyd Bridges.

Voyage To The Bottom of the Sea.

I Love Lucy.

.....> Next ......

Hogans Heros

Yup! And I would be listening to Mom's favorites with the Sons of the Pioneers.

They should have some songs on Fallout NV! They would so fit there!

My only complaint was the lack of threat in the series because the Germans weren't allowed to ever win. Which would be fine if the losses were more creative. Like pyrrhic victories and stuff

Was Hogan was a pragmatist?

I hear only what I saw. It wasn't funny to me because all the families elders were still trembling from the shivers of WWII and North Korea.

My only complaint was the lack of threat in the series because the Germans weren't allowed to ever win. Which would be fine if the losses were more creative. Like pyrrhic victories and stuff

Right or Wrong, I will not debate.

I had several Uncles that fought in WWII .... and from what I remember, H. H. was done in the way to make it " light hearted ", as they knew full well WWII survivors were / would watch the show and did not want to bring up " wounds " of many and various kinds.

I think that is one of the things that made it so popular. It was indeed light hearted .... and poked serious fun at Hitler's " Army ".

New Vegas: Las Vegas was barely a pipe dream when the boys were making these songs famouse. Back when they did the wooden planks got stomped on even by the barn animals while they all danced around inside that Big Barn the richest farm/rancher of all had. It was the barns after harvest time and those dances were Square dances. And they didn't sing the softy stuff until the last beam of light from the Sun's hand reached up in the sky and drew down the curtain.

There's loads. But four that stand out are "The Travels Of Jamie McPheeters" with a young Kurt Russell and "Rawhide". The former becuse I don't remember much about it except that I liked it and the latter to see a beginning Clint Eastwood again and for the begin-tune.

Then there's "The Invaders" with Roy Thinnes. As I recall it was one of the more intelligent science fiction series of its day. And "Raumpatrouille (Raumschiff Orion)" a German SF series with Dietmar Schönherr that was ahead of its time.