Making a master plugin.

First of all I am a GUY not a GIRL.

Second. I want to make the plugin a master so everyone can work off it and save their work separately. Those files will then later be merged back into the master.

I know this works because that is how Dark Warrior was doing it before. What is not working however is the ability to save changes once the master is loaded.

In future no fighting and remember I am a GUY.

Because it's a master you will have to convert it to a plugin to make/save changes. Then re-convert to a master. As I said in my first post above.

I think you should use this TES4Gecko

"Overview

----------------------------------

TES4Gecko works with The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion plugin and master files (*.esp/*.esm). It is designed to let mod-creators manipulate plugin and master files in ways that Bethesda either did not imagine or decided to leave out of the official Construction Set.

TES4Gecko has a wide variety of useful functions, such as merging two or more plugins into a single plugin or removing data that doesn't need to be in a plugin (accidental changes). It can convert a plugin file to a master file or a master file to a plugin file, move worldspaces, generate silent dialog MP3s, and a ton of other useful stuff. Selected plugin records can be removed from a plugin or copied to another plugin. It will also split a single plugin file into master/plugin components and compare two plugins, highlighting the differences between them."

I hope I helped.

--------------------

Alex

Yeah, do as Alex2 suggests; it's what I've been doing for my mod for some months now. Make a base .esp, perhaps the single .esp you've got now. Then, use TES4Gecko (link above) to turn that into an .esm. Then, hand that out to everyone who needs to work on it. Tell them to make additions with both the Oblivion and your .esm active. Then, the change will be dependent on your .esm too. All these changes should be sent to you, where you will use the merge to Master function in Gecko to take these changes and make them one with your .esm. Once you have enough changes, you should redistribute the .esm with the same standing modification instructions. Special note, however; make sure that if you test your mod, convert it to an .esp first. Do this by using the convert to Plugin function. If you load that master of yours, no matter where, chances are things will be serously messed up in your game. When I do this, the .esm likes to conflict with land and completely removes it from my game. A real water-world, hehe. Not too tough, and it'll become second nature once you figure it out. Then, final release, just turn it back into an .esp and release it. Of course, if you wanted to, you could finagle a resource .esm and make a .bsa out of it, but that is really official. And who likes that, right? :P Hope I was of help,

-Triforce1

I am up to speed on the creation of the master plugin. The problem is when I attempt to save new changes, it asks for a new file name, I enter one and click save, then the CS will crash every time.

I have also tried to convert other plugins to master files and still when I save the CS will crash.

I am up to speed on the creation of the master plugin. The problem is when I attempt to save new changes, it asks for a new file name, I enter one and click save, then the CS will crash every time.

I have also tried to convert other plugins to master files and still when I save the CS will crash.

The only thing I can think of is that you have to update your version of the CS? Or your master may have been made with an old version of the CS (less likely, I'm thinking.) Or maybe your CS has gotten corrupted somehow?

http://www.elderscrolls.com/downloads/updates_utilities.htm

Archived