MOD REMOVAL

Liara7LF

I wish to remove all mods, scripts and stuff (including ENB, AV, ATTK...) so I have the vanilla game again. Is this possible by simply deleting everything with the NMM and going into the Skyrim folder for things such as AV, ENBs and SKSE? I understand this will make saved games unplayable but I will delete ALL of these anyway. So basically is this safe to do?

so you want to start a brand new game from lvl 1?

the easy step is the following:

go to steam and back up the game, it will create disk 1/2/3 etc.. in a folder = steam /backup

delete all skyrim files related there:

c:/steam/steamapps/common/skyrim

c:/user/mydoc.../my games/skyrim

go back to steam and re-install the game from back up, you will have a brand new vanilla game

@@

Edited by korun

Delete your Skyrim folder. Then have steam verify your game. It'll reinstall the exe's and BSA's and you'll have a clean install.

To confirm - Steam>SteamApps>common>Skyrim Delete that folder? How do I get steam to verify my game? Do I need to use the disk?

no just go to steam, your library, right clic Skyrim---»property----»local files

and sorry Oubliette, haven't seen you've already answered...;)

@@

Thanks korun :) This backup process ignores mods? I'm doing it now but I don't quite understand how it knows to ignore mods..

I wish to remove all mods, scripts and stuff (including ENB, AV, ATTK...) so I have the vanilla game again. Is this possible by simply deleting everything with the NMM and going into the Skyrim folder for things such as AV, ENBs and SKSE? I understand this will make saved games unplayable but I will delete ALL of these anyway. So basically is this safe to do?

Sorry to hear you are having problems. :( I'm not sure about the others but my files are ...

Remove Manually:

Remove the files ...

Skyrim\attk.ini (and Icon)

Skyrim\attk.exe (and Icon)

Skyrim\Data\video\opt_logo.bik

Skyrim\Data\video\nul_logo.bik

Skyrim\Data\music\special\nul_maintheme.xwm

(or, keep the nul_logo.bik and nul_maintheme.xwm

files as manual toggles)

Package Installers.

Also remove the files ...

Skyrim\Data\music\special\opt_maintheme.xwm

Skyrim\AttkUI.ini

Skyrim\AttkUI

Skyrim\AttkPw

Hope you work things out, good luck.

For everything as in "back to stock" ..

Delete everything but TESV.exe ...

Then go to Steam, right click Skyrim

and select the validate the data option.

This will rebuild/update Skyrim "back to stock".

Edited by Jason2112