Today is the end of the world - but I'm still here :)

steve40

I think the thinking goes that because the Mayan's were in Central America which is PST, the world was predicted to end on Dec 21 2012 10 AM PST.

Even so, I am encouraged to hear you are alive and well :D

People said there will be flames and fire will rain from the sky.

That the earth will open and swallow us all.

This sucks, only thing I have here is some rain and one manhole broke http://forums.nexusmods.com/public/style_emoticons/dark/sad.gif

Ok ok ok something REALLY REALLY freakey happened at the stroke of midnight on the 21st. The was a terrible rumbling, then strange light poured through my window, I hazarded a look out, and I saw the cause immediately.

A TRUCK had come, down my street. It was delivering supplies to a road works. Totally bummed about that BTW, I was expecting UFOs, not an Isuzu 2500 Light Tray(that's what it said on the side).

Edited by Vindekarr

By my count this (Dec 21) is the third date for the end of the world this year - but I may have missed a few. :whistling:

Based on if the calendar runs out that must mean the end of the world - so the Next EWO (end of world) event will be when my wall calendar runs out on Dec 31. :blink:

I see no meteors raining from the sky, haven't seen the Four Horsemen either :P We just got a lot of snow (10" after it was all done) yesterday and everyone is cleaning up today. Edited by Illiad86

By my count this (Dec 21) is the third date for the end of the world this year - but I may have missed a few. :whistling:

Based on if the calendar runs out that must mean the end of the world - so the Next EWO (end of world) event will be when my wall calendar runs out on Dec 31. :blink:

That's pretty much my thought concerning the Mayan Calendar. Hasn't it occurred to any of them that the said calendar ending, simply means it needs to be replaced? Maybe the Mayans thought they'd live as long as their calendars' duration.