Fallout 4 Not Using Vortex Mods

I just re installed Fallout 4 on my external hard drive using steam, then I added F4SE to the game directory, then I went into vortex and moved the deployment folder to the dedicated Vortex Mods folder on the external hard drive because when I had last downloaded F4 mods I did not have an external hard drive. When I launch the game, whether through steam, vortex, F4SE Loader, fallout4.exe whatever no mods are recognized and the game acts entirely vanilla. I have not added any new mods since I last played and everything has been deployed, etc. The only hint I have is that using vortex to open the Game Mods Folder, it opens the Data folder in the game folder which is not even close to where the vortex mods should be getting deployed from.

Any help would be appreciated, this circumstance is weird as it is the same setup that I use for SSE and it has no problems.

You can't use an external Hard drive as a staging folder drive

I don't see why this would happen because this is the exact same setup I use for Skyrim Special Edition which has worked flawlessly. Is this a problem exclusive to Fallout 4?

The Directories are just D:/steam/steamapps/common/Fallout4 and D:/Vortex Mods/fallout4 - exact same for Skyrim.

You can't use an external Hard drive as a staging folder drive

I don't see why this would happen because this is the exact same setup I use for Skyrim Special Edition which has worked flawlessly. Is this a problem exclusive to Fallout 4?

The Directories are just D:/steam/steamapps/common/Fallout4 and D:/Vortex Mods/fallout4 - exact same for Skyrim.

Well if it's working for Skyrim SE, then it should work for FO4 as well.