TUTORIAL: REMOVING UNWANTED MAGIC EFFECTS FROM THE PLAYER

steve40

Hey steve,

I just tried the new code.. but it still didn't fix the problem :(

I peeked at your earlier fixes:

Event OnEffectFinish(Actor Target, Actor Caster)
	WispFXAttachEffect.Stop(Caster)
	bFX = FALSE
EndEvent

Although I'm not yet versed with papyrus, do you think it might also work if you add something like this?

WispFXAttachEffect.Stop(Target)

I also searched for other files in the scripts folder that has "FXAttachEffect" in the scripts. In particular I noticed that most of the OnEffectFinish events tend to use selfRef (instead of Caster) for the stop functions..

Lastly, I also noticed some lines using a Dispel() function inside some scripts.. not sure if it could be something that can be used to the player to remove any spell currently attached to the character..

Just throwing out ideas here haha, hoping to maybe hit something that can be used to help solve this ^___^

• Replies 944
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

@galagast: been there done that :P The list of active magic effects that you posted does not reveal anything unusual. This suggests that the problem is due to a shader or armor addon that has been left behind after a magic effect has finished. Unfortunately it also makes it much harder to figure out which one :( Edited by steve40

@steve

haha, I had a feeling you already did : D

One direction I was threading was to look for tools that could open up a save file, list it's contents in a human readable format, and then customize it it to your liking before saving it out again as an ess file..

So far, I've only found a tool that could read ess files, but by the nine, I can't decipher the contents that it showed me, lest even edit it for re-saving.

Here's the tool

It probably goes hand in hand with this wiki:

Save File Format

Hopefully someone knows someone who knows where/what to look for in the save file >____<

Edited by galagast

Hi everybody. This is my bug, i didn't find this one on this thread.

There's a white smoke coming out my arm -.-"

It happened after i came out from Nchuand-Zel, the Dwemer ruin under Markarth. I think that is a kind of magic from the spiders you find there, when you enter, but i'm not sure about it. Maybe when i walked through a cobweb :/

Anyone able to help me?

This is the screenshot :

Hi everybody. This is my bug, i didn't find this one on this thread.

There's a white smoke coming out my arm -.-"

It happened after i came out from Nchuand-Zel, the Dwemer ruin under Markarth. I think that is a kind of magic from the spiders you find there, when you enter, but i'm not sure about it. Maybe when i walked through a cobweb :/

Anyone able to help me?

This is the screenshot :

I'm having this issue too. Can't figure out what's causing it, but I don't think it's from the spiders. I tried adding and removing all the spider abilities added by Dragonborn, I think, and that didn't fix it.

I'm having this issue too. Can't figure out what's causing it, but I don't think it's from the spiders. I tried adding and removing all the spider abilities added by Dragonborn, I think, and that didn't fix it.

Mmmh... Could it be from the Dwarven Centurion you find at the end of the dungeon? That smoke is very similar to the one he uses to attack us.

I'll try to add and remove some of his abilities, i'll let you know ;)

It worked!!! :D

ok, mate, write this :

player.addspell 30FBE

player.removespell 30FBE

Let me know if it helped you :)

Edited by Mirkhalla

Mmmh... Could it be from the Dwarven Centurion you find at the end of the dungeon? That smoke is very similar to the one he uses to attack us.

I'll try to add and remove some of his abilities, i'll let you know ;)

It worked!!! :D

ok, mate, write this :

player.addspell 30FBE

player.removespell 30FBE

Let me know if it helped you :)

Yep! That worked! Well done, and thanks.